Price Pfister shower diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

wstaubin

Reaction score
I've got a couple year old single handle Pfister shower diverter (Parisa or similar). It looks to be installed upside down. When you divert the water to the tub spout you still get some water coming out the shower head. Is there anything to do other than reinstalling right side up?

Thanks for thoughts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is NOT installed upside down, if it were you would have a LOT of water coming out of the shower, but it probably DOES have PEX tubing from the valve to the spout. That can only be fixed by opening the wall and installing a copper drop pipe.

wstaubin

Reaction score
On the valve body the outlet that says tub is on top and connected to the shower pipe. Perhaps there's not a Lot of water coming out the shower head because water pressure is not great. Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is possible to correct it without inverting the valve, but it might be more costly than rotating the valve. IF there is enough tubing beteen the valve and the closest fitting for all four pipes, making "symetrical" cuts will allow you to rotate the valve and reconnect it using "slip" solder couplings, making it a fairly simple job.

Price Pfister

Pfister Faucets
Reaction score
Website
www.pfisterfaucets.com
Hi wstaubin,

Sorry you're having a problem. If you think we could help, our Consumer Service Team is available to assist. All we need is some additional information.

Please provide:

* The model number of the product. If you do not know this, please follow these directions: http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/do_it_yourself/how_to.aspx
* Any other specifics on the issue you’re experiencing
* A method to contact you (ex. email, phone, etc.)
* Best time for contact (ex. mornings, evenings, etc.)

Please send this information to us at pfistersocial@bdhhi.com.

We apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to resolving this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you get a good normal flow from the spout when you select that, then I would not immediately suspect that the valve is upside down.
> if plastic tubing was used for the connection down to the spout, that is a problem.
> get a small gauge, and check the pressure in your house. If it is quite high, that will also cause a problem that would not otherwise exist in a properly installed valve,

wstaubin

Reaction score
I did verify that the valve is installed upside down (outlet marked "tub" is on top and connected to shower pipe). The water pressure is low so not that much water comes out of the shower head when the tub spout is running. I was hoping there was some easy thing to do other than reinstall valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks