Need toilet brand recommendation today. Must be buyable at home depot.

Users who are viewing this thread

LadySharon

Reaction score
Hello. As per usual I joined a forum just to post one question and may never been seen again (sorry).

Anyway I've had to had my toilet snaked a few times and was thinking of buying a new one ---- and then the lever that flushes it snapped off so I have to lift the lid and reach in to flush it.

I mentioned this to my mom - who mentioned it to my dad ... long story short my mom called me last night "Your brother can come down thursday to help dad install do you want to go Wed. and buy one?"

So Now I'm on home depot website.... the guy who last cleared my current toilet recommended the american cadet. However, I see lots of toilets with "american standard cadet 3" on them for all different prices and I'm like "what's the difference!"

Anyway I know this is going to be TMI but to put it bluntly what I produce doesn't play well well any "reduced flow" or "econmic" toilets. So I was doing a search on large holes... and came up with an old thread on here about large "traps".

So that's what I'm looking for really - something that will flush what I produce. :blush

I know people are recommending a certian brand that can be bought online - but I'm sorry most thinks I perfer to buy AT THE STORE so I wanted to see if soemone could narrow down a model for me. And if the "cadat" won't work... is there anything else you'd recommend that I can buy at home depot? (I think they have a few brands... but not this "toto" people mention so please don't bother recommending it because if it's not at the store I'm going to I'm not buying it. ok? thanks)

oh and my budget is 100-200.

Thank you.

- Sharon

PS here is the american standard search on home depot.com for reference... of course if some of these are "online only" I can't buy them either as I need it tonight to be installed tommorow

http://www.*********.com/webapp/wcs...StoreNum=1502#/?c=1&5a=5a&Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE|0

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Of the standard gravity toilets that are at Home Depot, the Cadet 3 may work for you.

You mention

to put it bluntly what I produce doesn't play well well any "reduced flow" or "econmic" toilets. So I was doing a search on large holes...

If that is truly the case, then I don't see much in that price range. If the Cadet doesn't do it for you, then the next step up would be a Caroma from Australia or something with a Flushmate pressure assist. Kohler makes a pretty good pressure assist toilet for that. They are spendy though.

LadySharon

Reaction score
Well I havn't tried a cadet yet. I'm not sure about what I have currently - I remember it started with an "E" though.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would guess that the different Cadet 3 models are choices between round bowl or elongated bowl, and standard or ADA height. There might be different prices for some colors too.

LadySharon

Reaction score
yeah that's what I was thinking. What's the practical difference between round and elongated bowls?
My mom mentioned mesureing the height of the one I had now... but I forgot.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most people prefer the elongated and the taller bowl...your results may differ. Unless you are fairly short, the taller bowl makes it easier to sit and get up. Some people like to feel like they're sitting on the floor, though! Ask any male, and he'll tell you why he prefers an elongated. Performance-wise, no discernable difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks