Electric Wire Size for Submersible Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

lray882

Reaction score
I currently have a Franklin J Class Series V Submersible Pump 1HP 15GPM 230 Volt (2 Lead Wires + Grd.) I am using 14/2 Flat Submersible Cooper Wire with ground. The pump is 190' down the well from the surface. I was told that the wire is good for 250'. After building my house the new electric service will be 75' or more from the well at the surface. Therefore, the new length for wire required will be 265'+ (exceeding 250'). Should I go with 12/2 wire from the house to the well in conduit and set a junction box (approx 75') to avoid voltage drop? I do not want to replace the wire in the well if possible. Also, is it bad practice to place the conduit and wire in the same trench with the waterline?

Thanks in Advance

lray882

Reaction score
Thanks, valveman. I have a setup like your picture (cycle stop valve). It works great. I have moved it to the garage. It was set temporarly at the well head during construction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks