Raised Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

alejandro

Reaction score
I need to install a shower in a 15th floor apartment and I am not authorized to cut the slab to do all the necessary connections of the drain line. It seems the only alternative is to raise the shower to create room for the p-trap and necessary slope.
Does abybody have experience with this type of installation?
Is there an off-the shelve product that exists that is already raised and comes with the curb? What is the recommended distance for adequately creating that cavity? I figured 8" but would like to hear your thouhgts. Thanks!!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I doubt if anyone here will be in love with your idea! Raised fixtures look bad.
I assume you know not to cut the reinforced concrete floor EVER. I presume there is a tub there now and you want to replace the tub with just a shower?

You might inquire of plumbers who work in your building to see what others might have done.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just install a shower in your tub. Looks better, works great, no problems with a drain, relatively simple to do.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I need to install a shower in a 15th floor apartment and I am not authorized to cut the slab to do all the necessary connections of the drain line

I hope when you say "I", that you mean a qualified plumber, because "YOU" are not permitted to do ANYTHING as far as remodeling the plumbing in that unit.

alejandro

Reaction score
NO , maybe I wasn't clear. This will be installed in a powder room (only a sink and toilet) in what used to be a closet. So there never was a tub of any kind in this room, hence the need to raise the shower...
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Of course this will be done by a licensed plumber and will be permitted.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How he can connect to the existing piping will be a major factor, but you can almost count on having to raise the shower at least 10" above the floor, and possibly more. Again it depends on HOW he can install the necessary "T" to make the connection and how far above the floor the drain will begin.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks