No Hot water in part of house

Users who are viewing this thread

tsharer

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me try to figure out this problem. I have a rental house and have not personally gone out to check the problem - was not told until late last night that there was a problem

Here's what a know: Thursday afternoon City Water was working on the main water lines out on the street in front of my house (apparently they were using a jack hammer at one point). At one point, it appeared that they broke a line as water started shooting into the air (much like when a hydrant is broken). Later, after they left, there seemed to be a LARGE amount of sediment flowing through the faucet (i.e. up to two inches of sediment in the bathtub alone). The tenant ran the pipe in the bathroom tub until the water flowed clearly. He says they have hot/cold water in the bathtub and the toilet seems to be working fine. They have hot water to the washing machine and dishwasher. However they can only get cold water in the kitchen sink, there is NO water flowing through the hot water line in the kitchen. Is it possible to get sediment in ONLY the hot water line running to the kitchen sink? Could it be something as simple as there being air in the line?

We will be running out to the house later today to try to figure out what is going on. Any ideas to what this problem could be would be helpful.

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ANY sediment that got into the "hot water" system would have been deposited in the water heater, NOT the faucets. But it is NOT air. It is something that requires us to be there and do our own diagnosis, we cannot do it over the Internet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks