Why am I getting no water whatsoever from all of my hot water faucets in the house?

Users who are viewing this thread

jennymaxgirl

Reaction score
From time to time, I will turn on a faucet in my house and there will be no water coming from the hot water faucet. It will run a very small amount of cold water and then cease to flow any water whatsoever. I usually leave the hot water faucet on with no running water, and eventually there is a loud 'kicking-in' noise and then it will begin to flow water at full force, warm water that turns hot. It has been going on for a couple of years and hasn't caused any leaks or damage yet, but I might be selling our house and would like to figure our this frustrating problem before we go.

Anyone have any insight?

Many thanks,
Jennifer

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would investigate...probably just replace....the shut-off valve for cold water INTO the water heater. If that doesn't fix it...you may need Dick Tracy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks