For more healthy recipes, visit my website at http://www.destinyfitness.ca and search for our magazine.
Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Here's What You Need
◦3/4 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
◦3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
◦1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
◦1/2 cup honey
◦1 apple, cored and chopped
◦1 teaspoon vanilla extract
◦1/2 cup margarine, softened
◦1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Grease cookie sheets.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, honey, egg and vanilla until smooth.
4. Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
5. Mix in oats and apple.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Servings: 48, Calories: 47, Fat: 2.2g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 37mg, Carbohydrate: 6.5g, Protein: 0.8g