(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Kohler 81100 Flushometer Toilet

DIY Junior Member

Default Kohler 81100 Flushometer Toilet

More information on the Koher 81100 toilet

My parents recently moved in to a new home and in the basement there was a one piece kohler toilet that appeared to work fine. Recently it started leaking from the tank area and it flushs multiple times after you flush the toilet as well as getting stuck in a constant rattle right after a flush. I done some research on this unit and it does not seem very promising. I'm assuming I will be replacing the unit but, is Kohler still offering replacements and if so how would I go about this?

By the way I just wanted to say thanks to Terry for this awesome website. My sister had remodeled here upstairs and was planning on getting a wellworth till I showed her your website. She is very happy with her Cimmeron toilet.
    Last edited by Terry; 11-28-2005 at 09:39 AM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would call Kohler and see what their program is for that.

It can't hurt.

DIY Junior Member

Default Kohler set it straight

Thanks Terry,

I gave Kohler a call and upon hearing my model number, even before I had a chance to state the problem. The lady responded that my model is under a replacement plan. Basically they will send out a letter authorizing a replacement ie the new version with the simple ingenium flush system. I only have to get it from a local authorized dealer and handle the installation and disposal of the old one. So I guess anybody who has a 81100 model qualifies for a replacement now.

By the way does anybody know how good the replacement model is?
    San Raphael
    K-3467
    One piece Toilet

Thanks, David

Thank you for the information. I saw your post just after I replaced my Kohler pressure assisted Rialto toilet with a Toto Ultramax. I followed your example and called Kohler, and they confirmed the replacement program. So I will also be getting a Kohler San Rafael toilet that I can now install in another bathroom. I tried to look up the MAP rating of the San Rafael K-3647 toilet but couldn't find anything for this specific model.