Whole house filter with jet pump and pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

mbinetti

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need a little advice. I apologize if this subject has already been addressed. I have 1.0HP Myers jet pump and I believe a 14 gallon pressure tank. My pressure switch was originally 40/60. Anyway, about 7 months ago I installed a whole house filter (AP907) after the pressure tank. I think it is starting to clog up because I can no longer have two draws on the system at the same time. If I am taking a shower, no one can run the kitchen sink. I initially tried increasing pressure from the switch, its set at about 45/63 now but still the same problem. I can replace the filter but its supposed to last a year. I am thinking of raising the pressure switch again to 50/65 but wonder what other options I may have.

Does anybody have any advice to increase my pressure? thanks in advance.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hate whole house filters but if you must, you must also maintain them. Change the element and presto......life is better, for awhile anyway

mbinetti

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the WHF, but it is necessary. I rather not change the filter so soon. So would a CSV be of any use? Any other constant pressure solution out there? Should I be worried about the 65-70 pressure setting? I should also note it is a 3/4 HP not a 1 HP jet pump. Any more advice would be helpful.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
A CSV would do nothing for loss of volume which is what the WHF is causing. Either get a bigger filter that can provide more GPM or twin two in parallel.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
No, change the damn filter, it's plugged up. Would you leave a plugged oil or fuel filter in your car?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks