Sewage Ejector Pump Lid needed

Users who are viewing this thread

lowe

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a sewage ejector pump in my basement. The pit is 24"across when measured with the lid off, and the lid is 26". Based on measuring with a stick from the top of the open tank, it is about 33" deep. I would like to change the lid to a steel lid, but I can't find the manufacturer of the pit/basin. I've included a picture.
DSC_0045 small.jpg
Other questions include:

1. I know there are check valves that don't slam. How reliable are they?
2. Should/can I attach the waste pipe to a concrete wall via braces to avoid vibration?
3. The pump is approx 9 years old. I am doing renovations in the basement and adding several fixtures - should I replace the pump if it is not malfunctioning? (I don't want a flood ever....)
4. In the basement I will have 2 bathrooms (2 lav sinks, 2 toilets, and a shower), a kitchen with dishwasher and sink, a laundry room with washer and steam dryer, and heat pump condensate. What size pump do I need?
5. Can I vent a toilet and sink to the same vent that serves the ejector?

Thanks for any info!

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Why do you want a steel lid?

I wouldn't replace the pump unless necessary, but that depends on the model and age of it as well... I would however install an audible level alarm regardless.

lowe

Reaction score
Why do you want a steel lid?

The pit is in the same room as the furnace, and is quite near the door. It is awkward to step over/around the pit, and I thought a steel cover would let me walk on it. The existing lid is fine apart from the fact that it is missing the grommet for the cord hole. Are these universal?

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I don't know that they're universal, but the one I have sure looks a lot like others I've seen.

I've never seen a steel lid, but you could have a shop make you one up that will fit OVER the existing one?

lowe

Reaction score
That's an idea. The work I'm doing is by permit though.... i wonder whether putting a lid over another lid would pass?

What about the size of the pump? Is there any way to tell size without pulling the pump out? What's the appropriate size for the number of fixtures I'll have?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks