gurgling sink

Users who are viewing this thread

pman

Reaction score
i have two sinks in my kitchen. one the main kitchen sink with disposal and used often. the other is a bar sink and not used often. lately while doing the dishes or running water in kitchen sink the other bar sink is gurgling. wazz up with that? tks pman

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do the symptoms change if you run a little water down the other sink? Does it drain properly, too?

bigrebnc1861

Plumber
Reaction score
Does your bar sink.....

have a studor vent on it? If it does it may need to be re-placed. If it doesn't sounds like your drain is getting ready to stop up.

pman

Reaction score

yes it does get better when u run water down the bar sink. it does not clog up. it drains properly. no studor vent, if im correct in that being a cheater vent -- not directly vented thru roof.

tks

Jadnashua

Reaction score
If you don't use it very often, the trap can dry out. If, when it has been used, it stops, that is your problem. Otherwise, it sounds like you may have a partial clog in the drain between the two.

pman

Reaction score
hmmm

so since i dont use it often, it could be dry and gurgles as a result? or since it stopes gurgling when i run water down it its a clog? im confused...tks

Jadnashua

Reaction score
If the trap starts to dry out, you don't have enough water at some point to seal it. If once you run some water down it, refilling the trap, it stops, then just run some water down it periodically. How often will depend on how dry it is in the house and the size of the drain (and the temperature). If it doesn't change when you run water down it, then you probably have a partial clog somewhere. My unprofessional opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks