Franklin Electric Sub Drive 75 Constant Pressure system

Users who are viewing this thread

molinsky

Reaction score
I have had a Franklin Electric Subdrive 75 Well Pump System for approximately 6 months. It has been working perfectly until now. For the past 3 days the water has stopped after a 5 minute shower. I checked the gauge on the tank and it was reading 15 (normally around 60). There were no red fault lights. The green light was solid. About 15 minutes later I checked it and the green light was flashing and the pressure was back to normal. This has happened the past 3 days.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If it is only 6 months old, you might give the installer a call for assistance.

I have heard nothing good about these variable speed drives, except from the people who are making money selling them.

molinsky

Reaction score
I don't think I am running out of water because according to the manual, I should get a red blinking light indicating a fault if that happens. When it occured yesterday I started to take the rubber cap off the sensor and the pump started to run and came up to normal pressure. It has been fine so far today. I am suspicious of the sensor and waiting for it to happen again so I can bypass the sensor and see if it recovers again.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I don't know what sensor you intend to bypass but I hope you have a functioning pressure relief on the system, because when those controllers go awry, they can easily exceed safe pressures. Maybe you should leave it to an expert given that is should still have warranty.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can actually replace those "sensors" with a standard 40/60 pressure switch. It will cycle much less than when using the "sensor" as they are actually just a pressure switch with only 1 PSI between on and off. Right now that sensor is cycling the pump 45 times per minute. If you use water 24 hours per day, that is nearly 2 million cycles per month. You can also use a CSV with those type systems, and it will take out all the cycling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks