dishwasher drains water but not suds- please help

Users who are viewing this thread

stanleyoutdoors

Reaction score
My adora quietpower3 dishwasher is not getting the the soap out.
I blew compressed air thru the drain line and it is open. Likewise the drain it goes into. I hooked 110 VAC power up to the drain pump motor and it turned fine. I also cleaned the drain screen inside. I put the drain line into a bucket and it pumped out about 1 gallon of water. But at the end of a wash cycle it still has about 6 inches of suds at the bottom of the washer and the dishes are still sudsy. It's about 2 yeas old. I never had to use a rinse agent before.
Thanks for any help

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There should be no discernible suds in a dishwasher. Are you sure the wrong soap didn't get in there? A dishwasher pump will not pump out suds.

MTcummins

In the Trades
Reaction score
you're not using dish soap are you? that will give that effect, if it doesn't basically explode the door and run out all over the floor... you can only use dishwasher detergent in a dishwasher. made a few service calls b/c of this mistake.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You did not accidently put soap in the "JetDri" dispenser did you? ANY suds should be broken up and flushed out during the rinse cycle, unless something is creating more suds during that cycle, OR no water is entering the dishwasher during that cycle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks