Shopping

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There have been frequent mentions of what kind of "surprises" you may find when purchasing a product at a box retailer, or even Costco, et al. Once again, it is "we the people", we the American CONSUMER, who have created this monster. Those stores have a virtually 'no questions aksed' return policy....because WE demand such. We favor them with our repeat business BECAUSE they give us that opportunity. THEREFOR, we should NOT be surprised at the obvious result of such policy. We will sometimes purchase a product which someone else has returned. It may, or may not, be still in pristine condition.

WELCOME TO AMERICA

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This happens at Nordstoms too. If someone returns clothing, and they can't tell if it's been worn, it goes on the shelf.
I've tried to install plumbing products that had been returned to a big box store, and the defect was still there. A big waste of time.
If I bring a "defective" part back to a wholesaler, it gets marked as so, and get's thrown in the trash where it belongs.

Bluebinky

Reaction score
I try to remember to inspect everything. The other day, in a rush, I bought an ABS fitting with a sawed off piece of pipe glued in one end. Should I return it so someone else can buy it again?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks