What is the brand of this shower valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikeiii

Reaction score
Attached is a photo of my shower valve.
Can someone tell me the brand?

I'd like to to buy a new valve and replace all but the brass housing behind the tile. The housing is exposed and we are going to re-tile. However it is a big bother to have the water turned off in my condo.

Is this valve still made? Would a new one fit in the old housing? Would it be a mistake not to replace the whole valve at this time.

Thanks

Attachments

• MPCshowerValve.JPG
    MPCshowerValve.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 631

Lburk

Technical Training Manager
Reaction score
What you have there is a Mixet. There are two types based on years made. They are pre and post 1968 I believe it is. The one you are showing is the later which is most common. They're available nearly everywhere.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The stem, trim pieces, handles...are quite widely available. Mixet was never a great valve....they have an inherent failure mode which allows crossover, and is not repairable, except by installing a special replacement cartridge for $100. Other than that, they work ok and you could go ahead and repair it. You should be thinking about ulimately replacing the valve...sooner rather than later.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks