Kitchen faucet replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerpop

Reaction score
I recently replaced the complete kitchen faucet assy. with a similar unit. Very easy job, but, when turning on the hot or cold water, there is a slight knock(if you will) in the lines. I'm wondering if this is due to possible air in the lines some how. If so, how do I fix this? Note: This was not a problem with the old unit.

Thank you,
Jerpop

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Any air in the line is removed within seconds the first time you turn it on. Check to see that the shut-offs at the wall are fully open, and possibly you may have a loose washer in one of the shut-offs.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the unit have a sprayer? If the diverter isn't working properly, when pressure is applied by opening the faucet, it can slam closed. Look underneath the sink when turning it on and see if the hose to the sprayer jumps.

Jerpop

Reaction score
Yes, the new unit has a sprayer and I noticed it does jump a tiny bit when cold or hot water is turned on. The new unit attaches to the diverter by snapping it on rather than with a nut.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sounds like the valve on the sprayer may allow a little water out when the main valve is off. Then, when you open the faucet, when it represurizes that line, it slams the valve shut. Call the manufacturer, explain what you've got, and maybe they can help...or, you live with it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks