PVC shower pan liner causing me trouble - help?

Users who are viewing this thread

n0teye

Reaction score
Purchased the Oatey PVC liner after installing my pre-pitch and letting it cure.

I can get the liner in ok, fold each corner in the back of the shower, just having trouble making cuts where it comes to the curb area.

I've read john bridge's site, ontario tiles site, floorelf, etc and they all seem to gloss over this step - maybe I'm over thinking it?

Gave it a go today and ended up making a stupid cut which ruined the whole liner - going to go buy more liner tomorrow - how do I cut it for the curb?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
If you cut it for an outside corner or for going over the curb there are special pieces that can be glued over the cut... I think Oatey calls them "dam covers".

I'm not a fan of those type of liners, are you fond of a liquid membrane instead?

n0teye

Reaction score
If you cut it for an outside corner or for going over the curb there are special pieces that can be glued over the cut... I think Oatey calls them "dam covers".

I'm not a fan of those type of liners, are you fond of a liquid membrane instead?

Yes, already have the dam corners just having trouble lining up the proper cut because it's once or nothing with these liners. Not interested in liquid membrane. Thanks for the response however.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Go visit to Noble Company's You Tube site.

[video=youtube_share;EZKL-CIoOEk]http://youtu.be/EZKL-CIoOEk[/video]

They have many online videos showing these steps.

When lining up the corner you need to ensure you don't have too much material. We like to fold the membrane and use something as a weight to keep it tight to your curb.

A hook knife or roofers knife work well for cutting the liners.

You want a sharp blade and your safer cutting into a scrap of plywood.

Remember you can patch these liners. Do you know the warranty on your liner? (might be just a year). The Noble liner I believe comes with a lifetime warranty, you might want to upgrade if you have to switch them out.

Once your finished ensure you flood test your work and make sure not to block any weep holes with your mud bed.

Noble Company also makes an excellent weep hole protector. There about $5.00

JW

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks