Kenmore water softner not drawing brine

Users who are viewing this thread

SHP

Reaction score
I have a Kenmore Elite water softner and it is not drawing brine. I have cleaned the venturi and gave it an extra back flush. Does anyone know what else I can do?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the drain flow control is blocked the unit will not draw. Also the rotor, rotor seal or figure 8 o ring can cause it not to draw. If the venturi gasket has a lot of impression from the venturi, the draw will be chocked down. The unit comes with a flow control in the venturi. Remove it and check to see if you have a draw. Place unit on bypass. Advance it to a draw cycle and disconnect the brine line from the valve. Put the unit in service and check for a draw. If you have a draw and than lose it, the drain is restricted.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
there is a link here somewhere to kenmore's equipment or you can slog around their site till you find it. It's very useful but..Mialynette has steered you in the right direction. You can find the break down of kenmore's site though

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks