HELP! monoflo heat problem

Users who are viewing this thread

mrichi

Reaction score
:mad: I have a monflo sytem on the first floor. 2nd floor has been converted to conventional systyem. The "spare'' monflo valves have been capped.

I recently installed an 8' baseboard in the basement using a "spare"' set of valves. I bled the system but no heat is produced. Water flows out of the bleeder. Still no heat

HELP?

Jeffreyhel

Reaction score
With a mono-flow system you must take out the unused monoflow tees to keep proper water flow through the system If you have a 1 in x 1/2 x 1 in mono flow tee and then you cap the 1/2 you basically just have reduced the reset of the system by the flow that a 1/2 pipe can deliver. This is why they should be removed. Now as far as the basement loop. The tees should be installed at a distance that is wider than the total footage of baseboard heat. There should also be no other tees for anyother radiator between the baseboard monoflow tees. This is because of path of least resistance. If the tees are too close to eachother than the path of least resistance will be straight thru the tees rather than diverting down to the heat. Here is the trick of the day. When you have the heating system down you install a full port ball valve between the two tees and you then can shut it off when purging the system forcing water down thru the loop.

Not knowing exactly how you set up your system and where your bleeder or air vent is I can't help you much more.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heat

When the radiator/baseboard is below the heating main you have to use Mono-Flo tees at both connections to the main. Any unused Mono-Flo tees either have to be removed or their outlets connected together. As already stated you have to have a certain amount of resistance between the tees, either a long section of pipe or an elbow where the main turns the corner.

Finnegan

Reaction score
I would just connect them rather than remove them. Removing them can be difficult and then you have to use unions. Also, if you connect them, you can always easily add onto to the system.

mrichi

Reaction score
Thanks to all! This weekends project!

I'll let you know

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks