Heart scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I am going for a heart scan tomorrow at an American hospital.

Just routine, apparently, but fingers crossed nevertheless.

I will be going armed with two of my usual.

The first is when they ask for insurance. I always say public option.

The second is when they ask why I am there. The reponse will be that my wife doesn't believe I have a heart.

If I get to go to a pharmacee after, I'll unwrap the presciption and ask for six ounces of medical marijuana.

This quality stuff is just lost on Americans...

Just like roundabouts...

Cookie

Reaction score
An Echocardiogram? They call it, also, if the right one, an Echo. It is like an ultra sound of the heart. It is painless Ian.

...and, tell your wife, that you couldn't be Robin Hood, if you didn't have a heart, you give to the poor.

I will cross my fingers too, all 8 that is left, lol.

P.s. You will be fine. No worries. You will see. :)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Hey, I got an idea. I will watch your corner tomorrow, so, Bob doesn't post anything against your wishes, lol.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Good Luck Ian. We need you around here to keep it interesting. I am sure they might find you have a heart.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, here I am doing this great job at watching Ian's Corner, I wonder what I will get? lol. I should get an reward. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
One of the Queen's hats would do nicely. :)
I am particularly, fond of that yellow one, looks like a straw one.

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I could call you another lowlife freeloader but I'm not worried that hospital bill will follow and
haunt you till the day you die plus interest and be paid before any beneficiaries.
That's how they handle the white uninsured

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't know if Ian has insurance or not, but, I do know that for those without insurance, their are many things that can be discussed with them; I have a girlfriend who needed pretty major surgery, and didn't have any, afterwards, she applied for and got this:

Payment arrangements also, can be made. They accept small payments for even large bills, and it doesn't matter your skin color. Sometimes, they will go by your income, if you are able to work, when you can work, and, will take into consideration, your other necessities you need to pay. Housing, kids, food, etc.

Sometimes, honestly, be glad you made it through whatever, hardships you had to go through for so many don't.

Also, I don't know if you know this or not, but by law, life insurance is not considered an inheritance, not considered an estate, your kids, or spouse, do not have to pay any bills out of it. It is their money to live on. Only inheritance money, or estate money, has to be used to pay off debts of the deceased.

I know this from personal experience.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know if Ian has insurance or not, but, I do know that for those without insurance, their are many things that can be discussed with them; I have a girlfriend who needed pretty major surgery, and didn't have any, afterwards, she applied for and got this:

Payment arrangements also, can be made. They accept small payments for even large bills, and it doesn't matter your skin color. Sometimes, they will go by your income, if you are able to work, when you can work, and, will take into consideration, your other necessities you need to pay. Housing, kids, food, etc.

Sometimes, honestly, be glad you made it through whatever, hardships you had to go through for so many don't.

Also, I don't know if you know this or not, but by law, life insurance is not considered an inheritance, not considered an estate, your kids, or spouse, do not have to pay any bills out of it. It is their money to live on. Only inheritance money, or estate money, has to be used to pay off debts of the deceased.

I know this from personal experience.
I posted a reply to this, but it disappeared. Basically it said what makes you think Ian does not have health insurance? He works here either in business for himself or for an employer. It would not be very smart in eaither case to not have health insurance coverage here. I give Ian more credit than that. Ian, how'd it go with your test?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Kind of what he said here, I was replying to his message to Ian, and figured maybe, he Zl700 didn't have it. I know when my husband died, I lost insurance, I was on his. This was not a good thing for me. :) It was my 5th time being diagnosed with Lymphoma, and for added fun, I had pneumonia, was just operated on, removing it from my ankle, (the lymphoma) and, he died. Boy. Insurance companies can be amazing because, his insurance was cancelled immediately. I was baffled as to what to do. I thought, "who is going to pick me up?" thinking...no one, in their right mind. lol. I am a big ticket item. A week before his death, when I was operated on and it came back showing, now, of all places, I had lymphoma on my ankle, which was weird, he said, " Arleeny, no one dies of ankle cancer." God, I loved this man. Loved his sense of humor. So, when I talked to the insurance company, and they asked, what I had, I said, " ankle cancer, and no one dies from it." After much research, a whole day's worth, because I was alittle busy, I got insured, for 830.00 a month for the next 3 years. I figured, who needs to eat, I would possibly, just throw it up anyways, lol, so, save the money. Things with insurance, has gotten cheaper for me, I can now afford to eat Cheeto's. The test on my blood shows, I don't have any. The platelets were flagged. I could switch with Ian, I could give him half a heart if he gives me half his blood. BUT, then, will I gain that English accent?

Bigger question for Ian, will he start to like red stilettos.... lol.

I could call you another lowlife freeloader but I'm not worried that hospital bill will follow and
haunt you till the day you die plus interest and be paid before any beneficiaries.
That's how they handle the white uninsured

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The platelets were flagged. I could switch with Ian, I could give him half a heart if he gives me half his blood. BUT, then, will I gain that English accent?

Bigger question for Ian, will he start to like red stilettos.... lol.[/QUOTE]

sorry. :-(

they might look well with that shirt:D

Cookie

Reaction score
While in his office the other day, for the millionth time, I asked him, " what caused this?" His answer for the millionth time, " we don't know but, you did not."

I got some problems, but I deal. So, don't be sorry, thank you for caring enough to ask, I appreciate that. For, some people won't ask me, won't say, " how are you doing?" I remember when this all started. As long as Tim was alive, we had "couple" friends. Then, when he died, first year, I got a "few" Xmas cards from our " couple" friends. Next year, less, now, 6 years? None. Not from "couple" friends. My life is too complicated, and too weird for anyone, that is why God gave it to me, he knew, I would find it funny. Other people would had hung theirselves by now. One of "my" girlfriends, asked me, once, " how do you cope Arlene?" I told her the truth, " do not under estimate insanity, it works." :)

Cookie

Reaction score
I bet he wears a size 10 shoe, tough call in finding those shoes in that size, might have to order off the net, lol.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
I bet he wears a size 10 shoe, tough call in finding those shoes in that size, might have to order off the net, lol.

I hope that the hospital gave him a gown that matches his shirt and with a back which stays open up to his ears. Seriously Ian, best wishes.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I do have a heart and it is beating.

But that's all I know. They haven't called with the results yet.

True to form, I identified another problem in America. Lab technicians afraid to speak! They just say "wait 'til the doctor calls you", yet they must have a hunch.

It must be another case of this litigious society you live in.

I am also insured. So no probelms there. But one advantage of being foreign is that if the bills get too big you can always leave.

America has reach but credit history doesn't cross borders.

Besides, I refuse to give out my social security.

Thanks for all the well wishes. :)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I got an EKG on my heart on Halloween. It turned out very normal and routine.
Thursday I go in for a blood draw so they can "type" it, just to make sure what kind I have. I notice that when I dropped off my brother Shannon at Group Health in Bellevue yesterday for his foot issue, diabetic and having a hard time with a skiing surgery that doesn't like to heal, that my blood was red. They were keeping him overnight, so I went down the the car to bring in his bag, and when I straightened up after setting the bag down, I whacked my head on the sharp bottom edge of an LCD mounted off the wall, directly above the chairs.
Nobody wanted to look at my bleeding head unless I checked in at the front desk. So I mopped it up and went back to work.
We need the word back from Ian.
In my news, I'm skipping an entire surgery. I was supposed to have a major one in September but they didn't order the tests they needed for it. When they did the test on October 5th, they found that things had recovered so much on their own, that they could skip that surgery and instead do a somewhat minor one that will allow me to start skiing in January. They're looking at a six week recovery after this upcoming one. I can't tell you how good that feels to skip one and the required three months of recovery that would have put off the final surgery that I'm I now getting this month.

And I'm waiting for Ian's results, I hope they are good.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I do have a heart and it is beating.

But that's all I know. They haven't called with the results yet.

True to form, I identified another problem in America. Lab technicians afraid to speak! They just say "wait 'til the doctor calls you", yet they must have a hunch.

It must be another case of this litigious society you live in.

I am also insured. So no probelms there. But one advantage of being foreign is that if the bills get too big you can always leave.

America has reach but credit history doesn't cross borders.

Besides, I refuse to give out my social security.

Thanks for all the well wishes. :)
ooh! a smiley again!

All kidding aside, you are welcome Ian.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks