(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Heart scan

Hybrid View

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Default Heart scan

I am going for a heart scan tomorrow at an American hospital.

Just routine, apparently, but fingers crossed nevertheless.

I will be going armed with two of my usual.

The first is when they ask for insurance. I always say public option.

The second is when they ask why I am there. The reponse will be that my wife doesn't believe I have a heart.

If I get to go to a pharmacee after, I'll unwrap the presciption and ask for six ounces of medical marijuana.

This quality stuff is just lost on Americans...

Just like roundabouts...

An Echocardiogram? They call it, also, if the right one, an Echo. It is like an ultra sound of the heart. It is painless Ian.

...and, tell your wife, that you couldn't be Robin Hood, if you didn't have a heart, you give to the poor.

I will cross my fingers too, all 8 that is left, lol.

P.s. You will be fine. No worries. You will see.
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-07-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Hey, I got an idea. I will watch your corner tomorrow, so, Bob doesn't post anything against your wishes, lol.

Good Luck Ian. We need you around here to keep it interesting. I am sure they might find you have a heart.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Now, here I am doing this great job at watching Ian's Corner, I wonder what I will get? lol. I should get an reward.

One of the Queen's hats would do nicely.
    I am particularly, fond of that yellow one, looks like a straw one.

What do you think Bob, should I go for it?

I could call you another lowlife freeloader but I'm not worried that hospital bill will follow and
    haunt you till the day you die plus interest and be paid before any beneficiaries.
    That's how they handle the white uninsured
    If Payback is so important to you, why are you not driving a Toyota Corolla?

I don't know if Ian has insurance or not, but, I do know that for those without insurance, their are many things that can be discussed with them; I have a girlfriend who needed pretty major surgery, and didn't have any, afterwards, she applied for and got this:

http://www.hrsa.gov/gethealthcare/af...le/hillburton/

Payment arrangements also, can be made. They accept small payments for even large bills, and it doesn't matter your skin color. Sometimes, they will go by your income, if you are able to work, when you can work, and, will take into consideration, your other necessities you need to pay. Housing, kids, food, etc.

Sometimes, honestly, be glad you made it through whatever, hardships you had to go through for so many don't.

Also, I don't know if you know this or not, but by law, life insurance is not considered an inheritance, not considered an estate, your kids, or spouse, do not have to pay any bills out of it. It is their money to live on. Only inheritance money, or estate money, has to be used to pay off debts of the deceased.

I know this from personal experience.

Kind of what he said here, I was replying to his message to Ian, and figured maybe, he Zl700 didn't have it. I know when my husband died, I lost insurance, I was on his. This was not a good thing for me. It was my 5th time being diagnosed with Lymphoma, and for added fun, I had pneumonia, was just operated on, removing it from my ankle, (the lymphoma) and, he died. Boy. Insurance companies can be amazing because, his insurance was cancelled immediately. I was baffled as to what to do. I thought, "who is going to pick me up?" thinking...no one, in their right mind. lol. I am a big ticket item. A week before his death, when I was operated on and it came back showing, now, of all places, I had lymphoma on my ankle, which was weird, he said, " Arleeny, no one dies of ankle cancer." God, I loved this man. Loved his sense of humor. So, when I talked to the insurance company, and they asked, what I had, I said, " ankle cancer, and no one dies from it." After much research, a whole day's worth, because I was alittle busy, I got insured, for 830.00 a month for the next 3 years. I figured, who needs to eat, I would possibly, just throw it up anyways, lol, so, save the money. Things with insurance, has gotten cheaper for me, I can now afford to eat Cheeto's. The test on my blood shows, I don't have any. The platelets were flagged. I could switch with Ian, I could give him half a heart if he gives me half his blood. BUT, then, will I gain that English accent?

Bigger question for Ian, will he start to like red stilettos.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zl700 View Post
    I could call you another lowlife freeloader but I'm not worried that hospital bill will follow and
    haunt you till the day you die plus interest and be paid before any beneficiaries.
    That's how they handle the white uninsured
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-09-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    What do you think Bob, should I go for it?
    no its much too ugly.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Yeah, I had second thoughts. I will hold out for something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    no its much too ugly.