Weird idea to possibly help with skid marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Guys, this is really much to do about a very small problem. If you will get a bit more fiber in your diet which is a good idea anyway, most of the problem with skid marks will be taken care of. For the occasional times you over do on the diet and get a bit of marking, a quick brushing will take care of it. A brush in a decorative contain beside the toilet is pretty common in most bathrooms and certainly is not as offensive as a plunger. I believe I mentioned in an earlier response that I have had good success with just dropping 3 or 4 facial tissues in the bowl and flushing them.

As noted before it's not the below the water line stuff that is annoying (since CEFIONTECT dispatches it on the subsequent flush) it is the above water line stuff. Some of the same things that contribute to the roughage also make the above water line markes more likely.

Since we have Toto's there are no plungers anywhere near the bathrooms. They are stored away now. I still can't think of the toilet brush as anything but filthy--even after the clean up flushes. I want all of that water to stay in the bowl not in a decorative container beside the toilet. It stays in a utility space until time to do a thorough cleaning.

Haven't experimented with the manual coating, but I'll get around to it some time.

Shapoonie

Reaction score
I was getting skid marks in the new toilet I installed if I throw a couple of sheets of toilet paper in first no skid marks. No chemicals to mess up the septic system and no change in diet.
Besides the buffer would not fit in there anyway.

shap

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Seeing this last post reminded me I was going to share how the new Toto Cyclone flush worked on my problem with above the waterline residue. It is better than the non-cyclone Toto, but did not completely solve the problem.

I am also not real happy with the Toto bidet. The sprayer does not seem to move around noticeably (even in oscillate mode). And based on my wife's observations about where my reasoning abilities are centered, I should be able to sense motion quite well. What you have to do is do a bunch of wiggling to get things done. Not what I anticipated. I have turn the seat on only when I want a cleaning. I see no reason to keep water or seats hot. It was actually a major reason why I chose the Toto seat. Many others I saw kept a tank of water hot all the time. I do rather wish they had placed a "power off" function on the remote control panel.

flynn37

Reaction score
Been driving myself nuts trying to pick the right Toto toilet, so glad you mentioned this IBS explosion cleaning-above-the-water problem. I have an 8-year-old Ultramax I believe (any tips on identifying a specific model?) and it flushes great but doesn't clean well at all above the water. If I squirt toilet cleaner around the rim, and then flush, it just drizzles the water out and doesn't remove the blue cleaner. I have to brush it, and then flush it, and then use a cup of water several times to rinse it properly. Hate that! I need a bowl that will swallow softballs and salamis and still clean the "artillery fire" reasonably well. I can't seem to find one that has a superhigh MaP, like 900, plus the double cyclone flush, plus CEFIONTECT, and is one-piece... though that last part is the least important. Oh, and it has to come in color #12, not cotton white.

My eyes are crossing reading and rereading all the specs and forums. Any tips? And no diet tips, thank you. As posted above, lots of people use the toilet, and I am not in charge of their diets, nor do I wish them to be embarrassed using my toilet, which has happened in the past!

Thanks...

flynn37

Reaction score
Been driving myself nuts trying to pick the right Toto toilet, so glad you mentioned this IBS explosion cleaning-above-the-water problem. I have an 8-year-old Ultramax I believe (any tips on identifying a specific model?) and it flushes great but doesn't clean well at all above the water. If I squirt toilet cleaner around the rim, and then flush, it just drizzles the water out and doesn't remove the blue cleaner. I have to brush it, and then flush it, and then use a cup of water several times to rinse it properly. Hate that! I need a bowl that will swallow softballs and salamis and still clean the "artillery fire" reasonably well. I can't seem to find one that has a superhigh MaP, like 900, plus the double cyclone flush, plus CEFIONTECT, and is one-piece... though that last part is the least important. Oh, and it has to come in color #12, not cotton white.

My eyes are crossing reading and rereading all the specs and forums. Any tips? And no diet tips, thank you. As posted above, lots of people use the toilet, and I am not in charge of their diets, nor do I wish them to be embarrassed using my toilet, which has happened in the past!

Thanks...

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If you want a one-piece, get either the Ultramax II or the Carlyle II (same thing though skirted and uses the Unifit adapter for mounting). [This assumes that you like the look. The Soiree and Guinevere are also one-pieces with Double Cyclone, and have excellent performance, but more traditional looks. I myself think the Ultramax II has an Ultra-cool look that actually fits beautifully in a very traditional room.]

We have the Carlyle II. Double-cyclone rocks and addresses the issue with your Ultramax. It will also swallow anything you throw at it. Don't worry about the MAP rating. As Terry says, anything above 500 is great (at least in the old system before the regulators juiced the numbers by allowing the "media" to be encased). Any naturally-produced material is going to go down fine. We tend to clog our toilets with Charmin Ultra Soft, which is the cloggiest, apparently, and the Carlyle II does just fine.

Also, this new round of toilets from Toto combines a bunch of extra-cost features as standard equipment (they learned from Toyota, I guess), so you automatically get the Eco flush, the CEFIONTECT, and the Universal Height with your Double Cyclone flush.

If you want to find out the model, look in the tank. On a one-piece, look for a number beginning with MS. Regular Ultramax (1.6gpf) today is something like MS854114S-01. MS=one piece toilet. 854=unit model number 114=seat model S=GMax flush -01=color, in this case Cotton White.

What you might be interested in is: MS604114CEFG#12 That would be: MS=one-piece toilet, 604=Ultramax II, 114=seat model, C=Double Cyclone, E=1.28 gpf, F=Universal Height, G=CEFIONTECT, 12 = sedona beige

They all come in color 12 (sedona beige). The only one that gets hinky is 51 (Ebony).

Last edited:

flynn37

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the info. Much as I would love the Soiree or Guinevere, I don't love the price, and am concerned about the width of the skirt interfering with the water connections. Mine are pretty close in... I think I'll just go with the Ultramax II you suggested, and stop torturing myself! Who would imagine buying a toilet could be so complicated! LOL Will come back later with my review!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I just went through it a few months ago, so I totally understand. Glad to help and we look forward to reading your review!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks