Reserve Selection for Fleck 7000SXT

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I never questioned the BLFC either, It would be like questioning Fords decision to use a certain engine in a certain model car. Manufacturers do things the way they do for one of two reasons or both. Because it was designed to work that way or cost. Just because someone has never heard of it or seen it before is not a reason to go off the deep end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Fleck's distributors order the control valves with the injectors, DLFC and BLFC etc. that they want for the softeners and filters they sell to their dealers. The control manufacture does not dictate any of those parts.

If a dealer wants something different, like a .125 BLFC, they tell the distributor and he either swaps parts or orders so many valves in the way the dealer wants them. The dealer also says what brine tank and what resin and resin tank they want. And gravel underbedding if they want it. And a salt grid and what type and with or without leg extensions. Whether they want a safety brine system or not. Etc. etc. unless the distributor has a sale, then the dealer buys what the distributor specs with no changes.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
So we are agreed then that nobody here is questioning the .125 BLFC

Last edited:

Wally107

Reaction score
So we are agreed then that nobody here is questioning the .125 BLFC

I think we're quibbling over symantics here, and the definition of "questioning".

If questioning is: "Gee, Fleck is stupid for using such a small BLFC, the regen times are longer, etc."...then no...I don't think anyone is questioning it. However...

If questioning is: "Hmm, I wonder why Fleck (or dealers) is/are spec'ing .125? Is there an advantage to a slower BF? Better water efficiency? (from reading the Efficiency Guide, there may be). Or would a .5 have less wear & tear on the valve with a shorter BF time? etc, etc."...then yes...I'm questioning it.

Let's drop the word "questioning", and replace it with" "Determining the advantages / disadvantages of .125 versus .5 BLFC."

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree and I think that we could discuss it here amongst ourselves without resolution. Probably the best thing would be to ask the distributor.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The only way the distributor would know why is if he used a .125 gpm in a 'sale' special' softener, like Watts is known to do but...

Wally more than likely didn't buy his softener from a distributor because the vast majority do not sell retail. So he bought it from a dealer of a distributor and IIRC, his dealer is not communicating with him. Maybe he bought if from a Watts dealer, now that would make sense since IMO Watts does a lot of odd ball stuff.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
i can't see any advantages for the smaller BLFC, but a disadvantage would be the possiblity of debri being trapped in the flow control because it's smaller.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only way the distributor would know why is if he used a .125 gpm in a 'sale' special' softener, like Watts is known to do but...

Wally more than likely didn't buy his softener from a distributor because the vast majority do not sell retail. So he bought it from a dealer of a distributor and IIRC, his dealer is not communicating with him. Maybe he bought if from a Watts dealer, now that would make sense since IMO Watts does a lot of odd ball stuff.

Yes, dealer pardon and I don't know, I don't buy Watts water conditioning equipment.

Wally107

Reaction score
I can't remember how to do multiple quotes in a reply, so...

Gary: I got it from qualitywaterforless.com. As I said, I don't want to deter anyone from dealing with them - price was fair, shipping was quick and free and packaged well. And they did eventually respond to my email. I guess my only complaints (which I will share with them on their survey) are:

1. Their reply to my email ref programming was a little odd (remember 12 min BF?)
2. I wish they showed the BLFC in the spec's on the webpage - and it's incorrect in their on-line manual.

Dunno if there was a sale, but maybe Fleck had an overage of .125's they had to get rid of. Who knows?

mialynette: I'll keep an eye out for debris clogging issues. Thanx.

Tom: I agree. I think we've exhausted this issue. Since it doesn't sound like there's any "critical" issues with it, I think I'll leave it alone (unless Gary wants to swing over in the motorhome and change it for me :D.

If there are no further objections...meeting adjourned.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks