I say - Way to go Judge !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
What does that mean. On second, thought, don't worry about it.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Update

..Sandusky charges bring focus on Pa. sex crime laws
By MARK SCOLFORO | AP – 3 hrs ago....

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Plainly stated, the most serious of the 40 criminal charges lodged three weeks ago against Jerry Sandusky are that he sexually attacked young boys, subjecting them to anal and oral sex.

That may sound to many people like a case of rape, but police and prosecutors turned instead to a different section of Pennsylvania's criminal code for the most serious of the sex offenses the former Penn State assistant coach faces.

Each of those seven felony counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse carries a potential sentence of up to 20 years in prison, the same as rape.

The question of whether to "call a rape a rape," as New York Times ombudsman Arthur S. Brisbane put it last week, comes down to the finer points of Pennsylvania state law, discretionary decisions made by police and prosecutors and the necessarily politically charged language of sex in general and violent sexual offenses in particular.

Legal experts say the Pennsylvania definition of the two crimes overlap considerably, but the legal definition of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, which pertains to anal and oral sex, any type of sex with an animal, and penetration with foreign objects, covers behavior different from a rape involving vaginal sex between an adult man and woman.

Forced anal sex can be charged as rape. It's not unusual for the two offenses to be lodged together for a single criminal act.

The decision about whether to charge rape or IDSI, as it is often referred to, can be a matter of courtroom tactics. Prosecutors sometimes worry that in scenarios such as the Sandusky allegations, where there has not been male-female vaginal sex, jurors can balk at declaring it rape.

"The layperson considers rape in terms of ordinary sexual intercourse," said northwestern Pennsylvania District Attorney Francis J. Schultz, president of the state prosecutors' association. "In Crawford County, we would choose the more specific offense if we were talking about anal or oral. We're going to charge IDSI. And it probably varies from prosecutor's office to prosecutor's office."

Gary Asteak, a criminal defense lawyer in Easton, prefers the term rape to involuntary deviate sexual intercourse for clarity's sake.

"Let's call it what it is," Asteak said. "IDSI is kind of a long term. ... It's a whole lot easier to say rape."

Even within the IDSI statute, there are different ways to charge. Sandusky's IDSI counts were filed under a provision that applies when victims are under age 16 and the perpetrator is at least four years older, but not the victim's spouse.

The grand jury report issued when Sandusky was charged Nov. 5 lists eight purported victims, all boys, none identified by name.

Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse was charged in relation to four of them: "victim 1," a boy he allegedly fondled and engaged in oral sex with; "victim 2," an as-yet unidentified child whom another coach reported seeing subjected to anal sex in the team showers; "victim 4," who prosecutors say became a fixture in the Sandusky household, and whom Sandusky is accused of trying to penetrate orally and anally; and "victim 6," also unidentified, who jurors said was seen by a janitor in the showers being subjected to oral sex.

The grand jury report said Sandusky performed oral sex on victim 1 more than 20 times in 2007-08, along with other allegations, but he was only charged with six total crimes in relation to that boy.

Bill Costopoulos, a defense attorney in Lemoyne, said those 20 separate allegations could have generated 20 counts, but there may have been other considerations when it came time to decide which charges to lodge.

"Once you start bringing in multiple counts, then the victim's going to have to get more specific with dates, times and places," Costopoulos said.

Asteak said prosecutors who file dozens and dozens of charges, which happens, can run the risk of being seen as piling on, and multiple counts can have diminishing value in the criminal court system when it comes time for sentencing.

"Sandusky has enough charges against him to put him away for the rest of his natural life, plus," Asteak said.

Sandusky also faces other charges for alleged acts that include touching a child's *****, grabbing a naked child in the shower and putting his hands down the waistband of a boy's pants without touching his genitals. The other counts are aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, attempted indecent assault, unlawful contact with minors, endangering a child's welfare and corruption of minors.

If he is convicted of multiple charges for the same act, it's possible convictions on lesser offenses may merge when it comes time for sentencing.

He has denied the allegations against him, and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for next month.

The set of crimes in the Sandusky case, collectively, can be described appropriately as "child sex abuse," said Kristen Houser with the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape, which works with 51 rape crisis centers in the state and advocates on behalf of victims.

But she pointed to the use of "sex scandal" and "child abuse" in news accounts as an example of how imprecision in the language of sex crimes can serve to water down the seriousness of the allegations.

"What's ... important to us is that the sexual nature of the violations are included," Houser said. "When we see headlines calling it a 'Penn State sex scandal' — Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton, those are sex scandals. This is about sexual abuse of children."

She also said the children who police say were attacked by Sandusky should be referred to as "alleged victims" rather than "accusers."

Otherwise, she said, it "puts the onus back onto the alleged victim, and it helps put them under the spotlight. I believe it changes the focus (from) where it needs to be."

Her organization tries to defer to the people they serve when in making decisions about how to describe them.

"Some people will call themselves a victim, other people hate the word victim — 'I'm a survivor,'" Houser said.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why doesn't somebody just shoot the son of a bitch and get it over with.

Lawyers have ruined this society. Sane people don't need convoluted explanations as to what constitutes rape. Sexual abuse is sexual abuse. There are no degrees, only sick bastards

Cookie

Reaction score
Not to change the subject, with, with I agree with on, (at times) I woke up sick and couldn't make the pizza. :( But, my son did, and it was pretty good he said. I couldn't eat any to see. But, I am going to make another turkey in December, and I will do that. The pizza had to be pretty good, for it is GONE... I was let down, that I couldn't. I got this stomach thing...

What I find amazing in that article by the way, are a couple of comments regarding, what it is "called." To me, if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it must be a duck.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you know how many of these sick, perverts get off on technicalities every day? Or let go "on probation" which is a guarantee that someone else will be abused within the month. I hate these perverts to the point where if it was up to me there would be public beatings followed by public hangings as a warning to anyone that thinks that abusing children is alright. I swear I could shoot these son's of bitches in the head with absolutely no remorse whatsoever. There are no excuses and these sicko's can't be cured so why let them live

Cookie

Reaction score
Alot, Tom. I put the URL's to some of the sites, and even though, they seem unreasonably high, if you do your homework, they are not. One site said, one in 4 women, and, the other site said, 1 in 3. The difference was some variables, as the age of the stats, it goes up and down, the location in the US, etc. But, either way it is high. You got to draw guidelines on things, and even though some may disagree, like I asked before where the heck do you draw the line on ages of stat. rape? I think, the cutoff, got to be whereas, the person is considered an adult and is capable of giving his or her consent. No matter what the person wears at any age, that is not what it is about. Oh, I could go on and on, but what is the sense, because like written in the article if you noticed, Tom, it said, the jury will think of it not as a rape. I find that unbelievable, because any act done without consent is that, and what is rape, an act done without the person's consent. It is like a circle without an end. You can go back and forth, back and forth, round n' round, like the wheels on the bus.

What is so sad is how widespread everything is, I am not sure, if it was always that way, and now with the media it can easily shoot things off, but, then, again, we have had tv and paper, and radio for years, too... so, maybe not. Maybe, all the abuse with kids, schools, churchs, camps, etc, is just simply, increasing for years, and it was hidden.

One thing about the lawyers that bug me, there are many, but, the one thing is this. They profile the jurors. Let's say it is a rape case, they will ask the prospective jurors if they ever had been raped. I don't see where that matters for they are just trying to pick the people who would not have a clue what rape is all about. I don't think that is good for either parties. Experience should not rule you out to satisfy a lawyer. They should not be allowed by law to ask a perspective juror anything, for they are selecting with bias. That is one way they get off.

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
A Highway trooper was patrolling late at night off the main highway.

He sees a couple in a car, with the interior light brightly glowing.

He carefully approaches the car to get a closer look. Then he sees a young man

behind the wheel, reading a computer magazine. He immediately notices a young

woman in the rear seat, filing her fingernails

Puzzled by this surprising situation, the trooper walks to the car and gently

raps on the driver's window.

The young man lowers his window. 'Uh, yes, Officer?'

The trooper asks: 'What are you doing?'

The young man says: 'Well, Officer, I'm reading a magazine.'

Pointing towards the young woman in the back seat the trooper says: 'And her,

what is she doing?'

The young man shrugs: 'Sir, I believe she's filing her fingernails.'

Now, the trooper is totally confused. A young couple, alone, in a car, at

night in a lover's lane... And nothing obscene is happening!

The trooper asks: 'What's your age, young man?'

The young man says: 'I'm 22, sir.'

The trooper asks: 'And her.... what's her age?'

The young man looks at his watch and replies: 'She'll be 18 in 11 minutes...'

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
A Highway trooper was patrolling late at night off the main highway.

He sees a couple in a car, with the interior light brightly glowing.

He carefully approaches the car to get a closer look. Then he sees a young man

behind the wheel, reading a computer magazine. He immediately notices a young

woman in the rear seat, filing her fingernails

Puzzled by this surprising situation, the trooper walks to the car and gently

raps on the driver's window.

The young man lowers his window. 'Uh, yes, Officer?'

The trooper asks: 'What are you doing?'

The young man says: 'Well, Officer, I'm reading a magazine.'

Pointing towards the young woman in the back seat the trooper says: 'And her,

what is she doing?'

The young man shrugs: 'Sir, I believe she's filing her fingernails.'

Now, the trooper is totally confused. A young couple, alone, in a car, at

night in a lover's lane... And nothing obscene is happening!

The trooper asks: 'What's your age, young man?'

The young man says: 'I'm 22, sir.'

The trooper asks: 'And her.... what's her age?'

The young man looks at his watch and replies: 'She'll be 18 in 11 minutes...'

lol,

Now that is funny , I don't care who you are...

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Alot, Tom. I put the URL's to some of the sites, and even though, they seem unreasonably high, if you do your homework, they are not. One site said, one in 4 women, and, the other site said, 1 in 3.

The 2009 FBI statistics reports that (1) the U.S. population in 2009 was about 307,000,000 and (2) excluding statutory rapes and statutory attempted rapes, there were 88,097 reported rapes and attempted rapes in the U.S. in 2009.

If we assume that all victims were female and that one half of the population is female, this would result in 88,097 reported rapes per 153,500,000 females. If my math is right, this is 57.32 rapes/attempted rapes per 100,000 women.

This is based on reported rapes and reported attempted rapes, so an allowance must be made for unreported cases. And Cookies' 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 figures are presumably based on an entire women's lifespan, and not a yearly cycle. At the same time, the figure should be adjusted for women who because of their location, age etc are at a disproportionately greater or lower risk. Perhaps people with better math skills than me can extrapolate better staistics.

I would like to see the methodology used in calculating the 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 numbers.

Another problem is how one defines "attempted rape." If an attempt to have sex with a person who does not consent is voluntarily halted, is it nevertheless an attempted rape? If so, should it be? If so, how many males and females are not guilty of such a charge?

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, yes, the holiday spirit, lol. IMAGINE, if he ...really... didn't get his own way, lol.

MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - A Wisconsin man who allegedly attacked a fellow guest at a Thanksgiving Day dinner after she ignored his claim to a specific chair at the dining table has been charged with attempted homicide.

Kendrick Carr, 23, allegedly pulled a foot-long butcher knife on the woman after she refused to stand up from the chair he said he wanted to sit in, according to the criminal complaint filed in Racine County Circuit Court on Monday.

The woman defended herself with a broom and was unharmed, according to the complaint.

When the woman declined to give up the chair, Carr, who is 5-feet, 4-inches tall and weighs 110 pounds, began to throw things around his girlfriend's Racine apartment, where the dinner took place.

He then ran into the kitchen, grabbed the knife and returned to the dining area where he allegedly tried to slash the woman while Carr's girlfriend ran to a neighbor's apartment and called police.

In addition to attempted homicide, Carr also faces disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and first degree reckless endangerment charges.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
If you kept your hands to yourself, and respected another, this wouldn't happen, and they wouldn't need to lie about what they did. If they jail him, maybe, he will learn, how it feels to be "inappropriately" touched.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Former NFL great Charles Haley was issued a citation after being accused of slapping a woman on the buttocks during the Dallas Cowboys’ game against the Miami Dolphins on Thanksgiving.

A police report said the woman found the contact inappropriate and was offended, and that a third party corroborated her accusation.

Police spokeswoman Tiara Richard said Friday that Haley denies the claim, and he faces a choice of either paying a fine or contesting the matter in court. Richard said the woman works at Cowboys Stadium.

A phone call to Haley from The Associated Press was not immediately returned.

Haley played defensive end and linebacker during 12 seasons in the NFL with San Francisco and Dallas, winning five Super Bowls. He was added to the Cowboys’ Ring of Honor on Nov. 6.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ah, yes, the holiday spirit, lol. IMAGINE, if he ...really... didn't get his own way, lol.

MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - A Wisconsin man who allegedly attacked a fellow guest at a Thanksgiving Day dinner after she ignored his claim to a specific chair at the dining table has been charged with attempted homicide.

Kendrick Carr, 23, allegedly pulled a foot-long butcher knife on the woman after she refused to stand up from the chair he said he wanted to sit in, according to the criminal complaint filed in Racine County Circuit Court on Monday.

The woman defended herself with a broom and was unharmed, according to the complaint.

When the woman declined to give up the chair, Carr, who is 5-feet, 4-inches tall and weighs 110 pounds, began to throw things around his girlfriend's Racine apartment, where the dinner took place.

He then ran into the kitchen, grabbed the knife and returned to the dining area where he allegedly tried to slash the woman while Carr's girlfriend ran to a neighbor's apartment and called police.

In addition to attempted homicide, Carr also faces disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and first degree reckless endangerment charges.

Oh how the holidays bring out the best in people.

Cookie

Reaction score
The numbers are so high in people doing stuff like this yet, unfortunately, there are those who do not realize just how high they truly are, which makes me wonder. It is an interesting era for sure being how much it is coming out of professions in droves which has been documented this has been going on for years, decades. Which leads me to the thought that changes, big changes need to be made for so many, many red flags had been raised yet, so many people look the other way. How shameful. The victims are those who cannot easily protect theirselves, kids and women. Not trying to be funny, but, size does matter. Rapists will not take on someone bigger than they are, or whom they think cannot be controlled, manipulated, frightened, or intimidated. They stalk their prey.

If you read the testimonies of the victims from his grand jury it backs up everything I have been saying.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Sexual Harassment Claims are getting Ridiculous.

A 9 year old boy was suspended from School because he said that his teacher was Pretty.

The teacher had the boy suspended for Sexual Harassment.

That it a little bit much, Don't You think ? Or is it just me ?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sexual Harassment Claims are getting Ridiculous.

A 9 year old boy was suspended from School because he said that his teacher was Pretty.

The teacher had the boy suspended for Sexual Harassment.

That it a little bit much, Don't You think ? Or is it just me ?

If all he said to his classmate is that "she is cute", then yes, I think it is crazy, but I was not there, and somehow I think he may have used some stronger words suggesting something. I was not there. These days, it seems hormones kick in at an earlier age than they used to.

Cookie

Reaction score
You got to understand this kind of behavior of rapists, and those who deem theirselves worthy of saying & doing what they want to others, starts early in life. With all that has been coming out in all walks of life, and all professions, in droves, I would say more controls got to be put in place so this all stops against kids & women.

This demonstrates my point. It is a learned behavior.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A man accusing an ex-Syracuse basketball coach of molesting him as a boy said he himself plans to plead guilty to similar charges of fondling a boy.

Zach Tomaselli, 23, of Lewiston, Maine, is facing charges of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy he met at a day camp where he was serving as a counselor.

Tomaselli told Reuters in an interview on Monday he plans on pleading guilty to the incident.

"I just wanted to come forward and get this off my chest," he said. "I'm really tired of hiding behind lawyers."

Tomaselli is one of three men who have accused Bernie Fine, former long-time assistant basketball coach to Syracuse Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim, of sexual abuse. Fine, who has been fired by the university but not charged with any crime, denies the allegations of abuse.

Police in Maine arrested Tomaselli on April 11 on charges including sexual assault, exposing himself to a child and unlawful sexual touching.

Prosecutors in Maine could not be reached for comment.

Tomaselli said the victim in his case was the younger brother of a friend and he wanted to confess to the allegations because of the "years of pain and anguish" his actions will probably cause the victim.

"If I were able to say something to his family, I'd tell them I'd pray for him," he said. "He needs just as much help, strength and prayer as any sex abuse victim."

Tomaselli has alleged that when he was 13, Bernie Fine shared a Pittsburgh hotel room with him and fondled him and made him watch ****ography.

Tomaselli's account helped spark a federal probe of Fine that has included searches of the former coach's house and office for ****ography, financial records, travel receipts and other evidence, a law enforcement source told Reuters.

Tomaselli was asked if admitting to fondling a boy in his own life taints the credibility of his accusations against Fine.

"I dodon'tnt think it has an impact on the police investigation," he said. "I've already spoken to police about my charges and did everything but admit guilt."

Syracuse Police declined to comment on whether or not Tomaselli was forthcoming with authorities about his charges.

Tomaselli said it was sexual abuse from Fine and his now estranged father as a child that blurred the boundaries for him about determining what were appropriate relationships with between adults and children.

"I can't expect Bernie and my father to come forward to admit things if I can't admit things," he said.

Fine and Tomaselli's father could not be reached for comment on Monday.

New York state police told Reuters last week that they had investigated Tomaselli's allegations against his father and no charges were filed.

Tomaselli said he has yet to meet with his attorney to discuss what charges he'll plead guilty to in court. But by pleading guilty and

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks