Need well driller advice

Users who are viewing this thread

phughes200

Engineer
Reaction score
In a previous post you convince me that I need a new well to replace my current well. I am in NC.

After talking to several well drillers, it appears that I am totally responsible for any mess they make. Basically they drill, trench and leave. My question is what is the consistency of the material that comes out of the well? Is it spreadable over the remains of my lawn or do I need to hire someone to haul away? When they develop the well, what comes out? Wll it clog my exterior house drains? The well well be 10" diameter until bedrock (50-70') amd 6 " diameter to the bottom. The total depth will be roughly 250'.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to give accurate advice since we don't know what the soil makeup is in your area. Most likely you will have close to 2 yards of material that will not be suitable for spreading on the lawn.

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
Hire a driller to put in the well. Then hire an independent excavator for the trench and cleanup—along with a good pump installer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks