(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: How to go from 1/2" copper to 1/4" compression fitting, with a ball valve inbetween

Threaded View

Default How to go from 1/2" copper to 1/4" compression fitting, with a ball valve inbetween

To hook up my furnace humidifier, I want to put in a T (sweat connection) in my 3/4" copper pipe that comes out of my water heater, so it comes out to a 1/2" on the side, which will eventually hook up to the 1/4" compression fitting that joins my flexible copper tubing to the humidifier.

I definitely want to put in a ball valve straight stop in between the 1/2" copper and 1/4" compression fitting.

What's the easiest way to do this? I went to 2 Home Depot stores and they both pieced together about $20 worth of fittings, going from 1/2" copper to threaded fittings to compression.

In other forums, they recommended going with a 5/8" compression x 1/4 compression straight ball valve, which is a great idea, but I can't find that in any stores here in suburban Minneapolis.

Can someone recommend the easiest and best way to do this, with parts I can easily find? Thanks much for your recommendations!
    Last edited by Studly; 11-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.