So, this is how you get an apology, I never knew, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
No one ever told me, this is how you get an apology, damn... if only, I had known earlier in life, lol. My stress level would had been lower, in turn, my health would had been better, :) I'm getting right on those letters.

Iran has sent a letter to the United States seeking an "apology" over allegations of an Iranian assassination plot on US soil, foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Tuesday.

"A letter has been sent... It is our right to seek the official apology of the Americans in protest of this made-up scenario as these allegations are not true at all," Mehmanparast told a news conference, quoted by the official IRNA news agency.

He explained the Iranian letter was in response to a US one, whose contents he did not divulge.

Mehmanparast did not give details on how the letters were transmitted. Iran and the United States have had no direct diplomatic channels for more than three decades.

On October 11, US officials alleged Iran's Quds Force -- an elite wing of the Revolutionary Guards -- plotted to kill the Saudi ambassador to Washington by hiring assassins from a Mexican drug cartel for $1.5 million.

An Iranian-American car salesman accused of involvement in the plot pleaded not guilty in a New York court last week.

Iranian officials and leaders have fiercely denied any involvement in the alleged plot, calling it an attempt by Washington to divert attention from domestic economic woes and foreign policy failures in the Middle East.

The US and Iran broke off diplomatic ties after radical students in Tehran took US diplomats hostage following Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.

Cookie

Reaction score
This is one crazy world, isn't it?

You got that right, Bob. Ian mentioned once about the extreme useage of, lol, or smiley faces, but, I think he failed to understand the, why, people use them. It is my opinion, it is because of the aggression that has developed in people. I have found that people, no matter their age, although especially, in the young, perhaps in the late 20's to 30's to very early 40's, have become, just mean-spirited people. Before anyone jumps on me, :) ( the smiley is their for a reason so, people will know I am not trying to be mean) it is not "all" people in any age bracket including, that age bracket mentioned. It is just something I have noticed, in the past decade. That, that age bracket many are very bold and outspoken and demanding.

It is a crazy world to live in, when you need to put a smiley face or a lol, so, people will realize you are trying to be funny, not aggressive. I think Bob, it might be alittle more on target to say, it is an aggressive world we are living in. People are much more aggressive.

I think I was raised in a more gentle world, kinder people, kinder words, people laughed more, and made more jokes. Today, I think, some people confuse sarcasm with a sense of humor. To me, the difference is extreme. It is easy to laugh at something funny, but, sometimes, I wince, at sarcasm.

Just my 2 cents worth while having a morning coffee.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You got that right, Bob. Ian mentioned once about the extreme useage of, lol, or smiley faces, but, I think he failed to understand the, why, people use them. It is my opinion, it is because of the aggression that has developed in people. I have found that people, no matter their age, although especially, in the young, perhaps in the late 20's to 30's to very early 40's, have become, just mean-spirited people. Before anyone jumps on me, :) ( the smiley is their for a reason so, people will know I am not trying to be mean) it is not "all" people in any age bracket including, that age bracket mentioned. It is just something I have noticed, in the past decade. That, that age bracket many are very bold and outspoken and demanding.

It is a crazy world to live in, when you need to put a smiley face or a lol, so, people will realize you are trying to be funny, not aggressive. I think Bob, it might be alittle more on target to say, it is an aggressive world we are living in. People are much more aggressive.

I think I was raised in a more gentle world, kinder people, kinder words, people laughed more, and made more jokes. Today, I think, some people confuse sarcasm with a sense of humor. To me, the difference is extreme. It is easy to laugh at something funny, but, sometimes, I wince, at sarcasm.

Just my 2 cents worth while having a morning coffee.

Brittish humor is easier to understand when you see and hear them speaking from the tone of their voice, but like you said, when you read the humor, it sounds beligerant and agressive, so I think all Brittish people at least should be REQUIRED to use smileys to show they mean no offense. :D

We Yanks are all so nice here except the mean ones:rolleyes:

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, I was referring to Ian's noted comment about the over useage of smiley faces and the, lol's, and as I was seeing, the, why, to it. I didn't even think of English humor, that is a altogether different thing, lol, see, their is it is, lol, and again!

I was talking most importantly, what I had observed over the past decade about the aggression in all people, yet, to me, in my opinion, most notably in the age bracket I mentioned.

At first when I noticed this, I thought it was my imagination, or my mind playing tricks on me, but, not so. What has caused this aggression is bewildering to me.

I think, it has always been a crazy world, but, an aggressive one is a tadbit different. There is alot of unexplained lack of compassion and, seemingly, narcissism in my opinion.

It seems global.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Oh, I was referring to Ian's noted comment about the over useage of smiley faces and the, lol's, and as I was seeing, the, why, to it. I didn't even think of English humor, that is a altogether different thing, lol, see, their is it is, lol, and again!

I was talking most importantly, what I had observed over the past decade about the aggression in all people, yet, to me, in my opinion, most notably in the age bracket I mentioned.

At first when I noticed this, I thought it was my imagination, or my mind playing tricks on me, but, not so. What has caused this aggression is bewildering to me.

I think, it has always been a crazy world, but, an aggressive one is a tadbit different. There is alot of unexplained lack of compassion and, seemingly, narcissism in my opinion.

It seems global.

People nowadays are spoiled and want everything and buy things even though they can't afford them. I'm not talking about food and other basics now. So they make times tougher for themselves than they would be otherwise. That makes them angry and agressive towards others because they are struggling. I think most people who live within their means have less tendancy to be mean. But you are definitely correct, the last 10 years or so have been really bad in that respect. Later

Cookie

Reaction score
It is almost like, I just thought of this, that the smiley face and the, lol, replaced the, peace sign. Remember that from the 60's?

I am bewidered like I said, already but, I have my beliefs on maybe, maybe, some of what triggered this aggression in some people. Like I said, it is not "just" that age bracket, it is across the board, and in my opinion, globally, which accounts for so much unrest.

You are right Bob in that respect about wanting things you can't afford, nothing makes a person more miserable than oweing and not being able to pay, and you know, you created that mess. Some mess is just bestowed upon us, no matter what but, if you created the mess, the debt out of unreasonable desire, yeah, that stings.

But, it is more than that. It is a general unhappiness, which I can't put my finger on, yet, I can feel. It is something which, I don't know what, but, do know it will blossom to a full bloom and, I hestitate to speculate what that will be like.

I got to go shopping now and spend money. :) I got a dinner to go to for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Dinner was great. But, what was even greater was the doctor. My God, I loved him. He was smart and funny, what an enjoyable night. He is the Chief, Division of Hematology and Cellular Therapy. The night was supported by a grant from Genentech. If anyone needs a really knowledgeable oncologist/hematologist, and a nice man, his name is Dr. John Lister. There is a website about him, he studied in Canada. We had a great and funny time. I wouldn't hesitate to see him for help.

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-john-lister-yp3cr/education

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
...and, didn't notice one attitude there, from any age bracket. That was nice, a peaceful evening.

:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks