Breaker keeps tripping

Users who are viewing this thread

cjo

Reaction score
My 220V 20 amp breaker for my well pump will not reset after it trips. Any ideas? Thanks!

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
You have a direct short somewhere in the wiring. Have an electrician or pump/well person check it out for you.
Ron

Speedbump

Reaction score
Did you turn it all the way off then back to the on position? This resets it. If you just turn toward on, it will not catch.

bob...

Rshackleford

Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
I had a customer last week with a bad breaker. We firgured this out becuase the thing wouldn't reset when the main breaker was off. Well, we talked on the phone, determined it could be a bad breaker, and i haven't heard back. I have talked the business since, but no mention of a pump problem. This is probably the exception to the rule.

mrichi

Reaction score
Easiest way to check the breaker is to remove the load wires,then try to reset. If it won't reset w/o the load wires attached, it's dead.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks