Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Cookie,
I think it's time to call your plumber friend there on the East Coast.
Call him, and pay him whatever he wants to fix it.

And after he's finished and paid, the two of you should go to a nice place for dinner, he can pay for that.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You should be able to tell if the wax ring is leaking or not when you pull the toilet. I had a similae problem that turned out to be a pin hole in the back of the toilet on the trapway. What was hapening was every time the toilet was flushed it would squirt out and run down the back on to the floor and it seemed like the wax ring was leaking. At this point I am guessing that there is another problem that is being missed. Check your private messages.

Last edited:

RRW

Reaction score
If the wax ring is failed, I think it is time to have a non wax seal put in. There are a couple kinds but they are a rubber boot which will allow some flexing and not fail. If heat is making the wax run one of them will last alot longer. "Adapt, Innovate, overcome" By the way, if the worst problem your son has to overcome is to go down stairs to use the john, he is blessed. RW

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
seal

RRW took the words out of my mouth.

Try other things. Rubber is forgiving.

I think Terry is right, Talk to your friend , I'm sure he would want you to.

bigrebnc1861

Plumber
Reaction score
One other thing to check

Check to see if the water is coming from the tank. Sometimes you think you have a leak at the base of your bowl, when in fact you find the tank no tighten down. Or check to see if your supply line nut is tight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks