Basement Ejector Pump Choice and Best Basement Toilet to pick

Users who are viewing this thread

parrishnut

Reaction score
I am installing a basement bathroom. I had this done once before and used a Little Giant Bucket/Pump and was very disappointed when it died only 4 years later after little usage.

Question What is the best / strongest ejector system to use for below floor install? Price for unit?

Also - do you need to run a separate line to a dedicated plug for an ejector pump and how many amp fuse / breaker do they require usually?

Also I used a American standard toilet last time and every once in a while it gets stuffed.

Question What is the best toilet to use for a basment ejector pump situation. I was thinking something with a pressure assist? Is the Toto with G Max a pressure assist toilet. Yes I know pressure assist toilets are loud, but I want to not make the same mistakes.

Thanks for opinions!:p

Last edited:

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
The toilet being connected to an ejector pit has nothing to do with how it performs.

Buy a better toilet this time.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Infrequent use could be a reason an ejector pump died. Gravity is always the better choice, if it is available. Depending on where the main sewer line is, you may be able to run a new line out from the new toilet/bathroom group and connect outside to it and only require gravity to do its job.

As said, whether a toilet clogs depends on both the quality of the toilet and the quality of the drain lines and vents it is attached to. The drain must be sloped properly, the proper size, and not have excessive changes of direction. A small ejector pump/basin needs to run more often and will have shorter run times, so how you use it could also have excessive starts which affects the life. The things don't last forever and are expensive to repair/replace because it is a messy job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks