(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Looking for 1990's Delta Faucet Handle

Default Looking for 1990's Delta Faucet Handle

Hi all! I have been searching everywhere for a solution to my problem and I ran across your forum. I am hoping someone can help.

I was replacing my bathroom fixtures recently and had a few problems getting new parts to fit into the spaces of the older parts without doing too much damage.
    We remodeled the bathroom around 1993. We installed gold-tone Delta Fixtures in the tub and of course now that I want to replace the handle...nothing new fits. I do not want to tear out my tile as I absolutely still love the tile I put in there, it is unique white on white pattern and no one makes it any more. Any way I have been able to replace the showerhead and spout, but the handle and all hardware there seems to be different.

I am attaching a picture of what is currently in place. I am looking to buy the outer fixtures in a brushed chrome or nickel.
    Anyone that has this type of faucet, please contact me! Thanks for your help.

Laurie

Name:  tub faucet2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  76.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Did you try calling Delta's customer service? It sounds like an easy request, but I guess so far for you it is not. Those finishes may not have been popular in the 90's (the brushed nickel), but they sure are now. As a very last resort, albeit an expensive one, you may be able to get that trim plate and handle refinished professionaly if you are so fond of them.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

That shape handle was unique to the specialty finish valves. The normal one was a bit shorter and had a "knob" on the end. You can get the regular handle in chrome, but I do not think anyone makes one in any other finish, unless some third party manufacturer makes a retrofit kit for it.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber