(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wets, drys and hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    Section 8 benefits need require implantable birth control devices as condition to approval.
    Perhaps, but the failure rate for such devices is high. And mandatory sterilization may be unconstitutional.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

And since there is public transportation to this debauchery, even Ian should approve.
    I do. You preach freedom here. So let's see some!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    I do. You preach freedom here. So let's see some!
    I am not saying that it should be illegal for the old ladies to sin, just that it is a foolish waste of money.

An upbringing based on the Good Reverend John Calvin requires me to associate fun and spending money with foolishness.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Sins to the self aren't really sin are they?

I mean, the general jist is that it's God's body not yours so you'd best take care of it.

I wish he'd take care of the pay check. It'd make taking care of this body of his a lot easier.

But if we're really honest with ourselves we all know the reason why we have churches and religions.

It's the best way to stop the poor from robbing and killing the rich for fear of what happens in the afterlife.

Clever eh?
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 10-28-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Sins to the self aren't really sin are they?

I mean, the general jist is that it's God's body not yours so you'd best take care of it.

I wish he'd take care of the pay check. It'd make taking care of this body of his a lot easier.

But if we're really honest with ourselves we all know the reason why we have churches and religions.

It's the best way to stop the poor from robbing and killing the rich for fear of what happens in the afterlife.

Clever eh?
    I'm not sure that works well though. the Mafia gangsters did their killings and went to church on Sundays, and back to killing again anyway. never understood that. You could be right, but there is our God anyway, religeons or not. Religeons are a dime a dozen.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Clever eh?
    Actually, religion exists because is the best way to convince everyone, of all incomes, to give money so that "The Church" (whatever that may be) and its leaders can acquire wealth. Religions make Bernie Madoff look like a two bit carnie. Religions are very expensive to operate. Jim Jones had a huge kool aide bill. And the Oblates had to build all those missions in northern Canada to have access to children to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTW View Post
    Actually, religion exists because is the best way to convince everyone, of all incomes, to give money so that "The Church" (whatever that may be) and its leaders can acquire wealth. Religions make Bernie Madoff look like a two bit carnie. Religions are very expensive to operate. Jim Jones had a huge kool aide bill. And the Oblates had to build all those missions in northern Canada to have access to children to abuse.
    s'funny! LOL

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

An upbringing based on the Good Reverend John Calvin requires me to associate fun and spending money with foolishness.
    Like never making love while standing lest someone suspect you of dancing?!
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people." --Eleanor Roosevelt

Is America still living under the legacy of prohibition?

It seems senseless to limit alcohol sales to certain times or certain stores.

Are there those among you who still view saloons as "evil"?

I'm worried that American parents of the prohibition era have passed down their beliefs, so that we have Americans alive now living with personal values better suited to a era that is long gone.

And why drug test welfare recipients?

That's nonsense. We don't test people who might use their welfare check to buy a gun or do a parachute jump.
    An important thing to remember here is that Social Security checks are getting back,eventually what you already paid in with your own money your whole life, and if you want to piss that away on drinking, dancing and doing the hootchy coo, its your business. Getting Welfare checks from the government as a reward for having kids you can't afford is not the same; you should be spending that money as said before, on feeding you kids, not your habit. worth saying again, in my opinion.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Perhaps, but the failure rate for such devices is high. And mandatory sterilization may be unconstitutional.
    That pesky constitution. We need a king.