Reverse Osmosis filter and water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Kai

Reaction score
Hi All,

I like this forum and am new here. I would like you to comment on my question.

I just bought a reverse Osmosis filter to supper clean my water. I have a 30~50 psi well system working normally. The RO filter suggest to have 50 psi. I am looking into running my pump at 40~60 psi by changing pressure switch setting. Can my copper piping system handle this pressure? How should I proceed without causing rupture joints or pipe? I recent replaced the main pipe right after the well and found that piece pipe is paper thin. Do I really need 40+ psi to get filter working properly?

Thanks in advance.

Kai

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
In most cases, paper thin copper means you have acidic water. Increasing the pressure may cause leaks.

Without knowing what RO you have, most do not call for 50 psi and will work on 40 although the volume of treated water and its quality will be reduced slightly.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Kai

Reaction score
I have Kenmore's RO system. It claims to remove Nitrite/Nitrate. I also have sodium in the water. Although I am not concern its existance. I only find two segments of my old copper pipe are paper thin. They are made in Canada. Ohter looks fine. I replaced all pipe accessable from basement recently. You mentioned that there is a specific Nitrite filter. I do not see it at *********. Where can I find one?

Thanks,

Kai

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks