need help identifying faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

chucknt

Reaction score
We have a very leaky faucet in our kitchen sink. I have been told by the plumber that the whole thing might need to be replaced but that it is a more expensive faucet that might have a lifetime warranty. The faucet was here when we moved in so I have no idea what brand it might be so I don't know what brand of parts I will need to fix it. Please help! IMG_1016.jpg

Lburk

Technical Training Manager
Reaction score
I believe it to be a Delta 2256. If memory serves it takes the standard Delta two handle cartridge kit with springs and seats. No big deal to fix. Check your water pressure before doing anything. Water pressure is like blood pressure, the higher it is the worse it is on your homes water system.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The escutcheons, spray head, spouit, and handles are different than the 2256, so you would have to remove one of the handles and then the stem to see whose brand it is. IF he was a "halfway" competent plumber, he would know that even if it does NOT have a lifetime warranty, it can still be repaired.

chucknt

Reaction score
It looks a lot like the delta 2256 but is different in some ways. I can't figure out why the handles and the base would not look the exact same as the delta. I know that we have had to replace to spayed and bc they couldnt figure out the correct brand at the time, the plumber just replaced with the closest thing.

BizzyBeePlumbing

Reaction score
post a picture of the stem, turn the water off, remove the handle, remove the stem. thats a great way to identify the parts needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks