Careful

Users who are viewing this thread

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
To ALL Plumbers etc, a little expierience that i've just got home from :

Couple weeks ago had a little bump/pimple on my thigh, no big deal ,,,"POP" and off we go,,,,,,BAD IDEA !!!

Seems that jeans/work pants / kneeling /squatting /crawling etc rubs the hairs off our legs.Since humans have millions of little pours they are all openings into our bodies.We all have good & bad bactiria on our skin. I "allowed " a VERY BAD one to get under my skin and it exploded into full cellulidise and staff infection ! Spent 5 LLLOOONNNGGG days in the hospital with heavy I.V. antibiotics and large lancing of leg ,, packing,cleaning,packing etc,,, ALL in ALL ----NO FUN !!

My point is this to all of us, the infectious disease spe******t informed me that we construction workers ,especially plumbers have quite a bit more bad bactiria then most people, he said and i want to be clear here ......

ONLY TWICE a week (more would wipe out the good stuff) we should use and anti-bactirial soap when we shower . ALso .....don't go around poping zits and blister etc, they are the body's way of "walling" off infection.

If this stops even ONE person from going through my latest "fun" I'll be most happy !! Been at this 25years and have NEVER had a problem, so guess i'll been more concious of these things.

Take care,

CAL

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I know that the flesh eating staff is out there, not sure if that is what you had. Here is a photo of cellulidise.

4453-4482-12996-21145.jpg

Nasty Looking hope yours wasn't this bad.

I have always been concerned when, pulling toilets, about HIV, and other body fluid transferable stuff. I am condidering starting to wear face and hand protection. like this

BioHsuit721_lo.jpg

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
" stars "

Just some insight on why one word was starred out in the original post on this thread: Terry has to run some heavy duty filters on the forum to prevent being over-run with spam. If you look at the letters removed from the word, you will realize they spell a product which is heavily spammed. I get several emails a day on my Juno(free) email account because they do not filter spam.

So, occasionally this system will filter an otherwise innocent word or letter combo. "It's not personal; it's strictly business"

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Orange DIAL soap....

The orange dial anitbacterial soap that you can buy in
any store is a great defence for most every nasty out there

A doctor once told me that it was a very good product to
use every day...

So I always used DIAL soap , first ...

then the sweet smelling stuff afterwards..

Cookie

Reaction score
You know what might work under those jeans or workpants are pantyhose, don't laugh, cause they might keep those jeans from rubbing on your legs; plus, they would be nice and warm in the winter. I would go to the mens room alone, lol. I don't think they make em with flies yet. They also make a footless tight, you can buy them at the supermarket. They are alittle thicker but they would work, too. Also, you could sprinkle baby powder on your legs before getting into your jeans. You may think I am kidding lol, but, I read these posts and thought, I think I may know something about this, that would help. It would make me think of the movie, What Women Want with Mel Gibson. He is sexy.:D

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cookie,

I don't know what brought this around a year after it happened ,,,,,,,,,, but thank you for the advice !
If you don't mind ,,,, I might have to skip that one ,,,, It would be hard to explain at the gym locker room every mourning ,,,, the other fellows might kick my ass or try to give me their phone numbers !! lol

Thanks again !

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Holy dig up an old post, Batman! :p

Cookie, I would rather take my chances with a flesh eating bacteria, than to do what you have suggested. :D

Also, this is why plumbers never get pimples on thier lower back and top 1/3 of thier butt crack. That skin is never covered by anything at all. :p

viennamicro

Reaction score
Best Wishes

Hope things are going well for you.

I too had a nasty infection, but they kept me in the hospital for 6 weeks.

My doc also suggested pantyhose, but I told her :rolleyes: never mind. When she stepped out, her intern suggested I try a pair of spandex running tights. Not nearly as embarrassing and real men do actually buy the things - and wear them.

They are available at your local sporting goods store, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
All,

Things are quite fine THANK YOU !!! I started that thread a year ago when this thing jumped up on me . Hope anyone who saw this took heed !

Not wearing pantyhose or spandex runners ,,,,,,,,,,, They might clash with my little bo peep outfit ,,,,WHOOPS --- Was that OUT LOUD ??

Cal

Molo

Reaction score
Have you ever read Tolstoy's "The Country Doctor" ? It is about a small wound on a man's finger becoming infected and eventually causing his death. Just a couple of weeks ago I barely poked my finger with a new drywall screw. The puncture didn't bleed much and my hands must have been dirty from other work. It got infected! 4 days later I woke up with a swollen, red, and throbbing finger. It was a Sunday and the next day was New Years day so I was forced into the ER. A small incision to drain, a tetanus shot, an antibiotic, and $800 later I was all better.

Molo

Cookie

Reaction score
Molo,

That sounded like you had a Staph infection. Not good. I never read that book, but, maybe, I will pick it up next time at the book store.

I got a staph infection in my finger once time, by just shoveling snow. Boy, was it bad. Hurt like the deuces.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks