Obama is writing checks to regular americans... I am regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I am about as regular as one person can get... I got my pen out. :)
I want a check for... 100,000 or any amount, lol. I like this. :) I will split with Terry, we are buds.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-cut-personal-checks-regular-americans-185608423.html

....Imagine you wrote a letter to the White House to share your personal struggle and instead of receiving a form letter in return, President Obama cut you a check.

It's happened, and more than once, according to Washington Post reporter Eli Saslow's new book "Ten Letters: The Stories Americans Tell Their President." Fellow Post reporter Nia-Malika Henderson writes Friday on a surprising excerpt from Saslow's book:

A few times during his presidency, Obama admitted, he had written a personal check or made a phone call on the writer's behalf, believing that it was his only way to ensure a fast result. "It's not something I should advertise, but it has happened," he told [Saslow]. Many other times, he had forwarded letters to government agencies or Cabinet secretaries after attaching a standard, handwritten note that read: "Can you please take care of this?"

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
When I was about 8 or 9, I was sick with a bad cold and I wrote and told President Eisenhower about that. He wrote back to "Master Joseph Lee O." with a hand-written "Get well" note in a hand-addressed envelope ... and now I cannot find that note anywhere so I can sell his signature on FleaBay!

Nuts.

Cookie

Reaction score
That is really cool Lee. It's ashame you can't find it, that would be a real treasure to have. I would frame it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Or take his *check* to the bank!
Trust me, I wouldn't be so lucky. :( I'd get an IOU... lol

Cookie

Reaction score
...and come to think of it, the IOU will be for One million dollars! payable when I turn 88! LOL.

Cookie

Reaction score
He's in Africa, again. OR, maybe, still at the Drivers Bureau... lol. I had a horrible thought, what if they made him go back to the UK for bucking the system at the drivers' center? :)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I got my license. I look American.

I just don't sound like one.