Stuck Tub Spout & Drain Flange

Users who are viewing this thread

katharine

Reaction score
Hi All....I'm in the process of remodeling my bathroom and I can't get the tub spout off to save my life. It has 45 yrs of hard water deposits etc. It is a screw off type. Any tips for me to get it off without damaging the pipe? It does spin counter clockwise right?

Also...the drain flange also won't budge. All I have are 2 nubs inside the drain to use to spin it. What kind of a tool would work well for this?

Any advice...pleasssse?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You may have to cut the outside of the spout off so you can hold the pipe coming out of the wall while you unscrew the spout. There are several tools to remove the strainer, ASSUMING IT WILL UNSCREW, but that is NOT a given. Too much force could snap the under tub pipe off and then you will have a "real mess". Sometimes you have to cut it out also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks