American Standard shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Perrymiles

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding the right cartridge and trim for this shower valve. any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG00197-20111019-0939.jpgIMG00194-20111019-0938.jpg

as-old-shower-valve-01.jpg

IMG00194-20111019-0938.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hardt

Reaction score
I have the exact model bathroom lavatory faucet and shower valve and I bought them in the early '90's. It is called "ceramix" and the p/n for the cartridge kit from the original installation instruction is 23526.07.007. It appears that they still sell this model although it looks a lot more streamlined, but I don't know if the cartridge is the same. I don't have the instructions for the shower valve, so I can't help you with the trim. Good luck!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I think the cart. number for Ceramix is 023529, but that handle looks more like Aquarian. Cart. for that is 057864.
You should take the cart. into the supply house to compare/

as_023529.jpg
as_025329.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicnic

Reaction score
We have this exact shower valve in our circa 1990 bathroom. (wow, I cannot believe it found this!) It's working fine, although the diverter on the tub spout is on the fritz... But, we would like to update with something more modern regardless.

Perrymiles, did you ever find new trim to fit the valve? If so, what model? Is this valve compatible with newer styles? We like the Serin trim...

This model says you need the R110 series valve.

Don't want any major plumbing projects, just a quick fix. Thank you in advance for your help.

I am having trouble finding the right cartridge and trim for this shower valve. any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 14248View attachment 14249

Nestork

Janitorial Technician
Reaction score
Nicnic:

If you don't get any other responses in here, you might try these people:

http://www.kissler.com/

Kissler sells new plumbing repair parts, but they also sell plumbing parts that are no longer available from the original manufacturer. Kissler simply buys those obsolete parts from the same companies in China, Malaysia or Mexico that produced them for the original manufacturers. Kissler also has their own in-house machine shop where they make bronze and brass plumbing repair parts that aren't available from anyone anymore.

Kissler has a $250 minimum order, so you won't be buying directly from them. Just phone them up and ask to talk to anyone in billing who can tell you which companies in your area order from Kissler on a regular basis, and then just order through them.

I have Crane Tub & Shower faucets in all of my bathrooms. Crane decided to discontinue manufacturing that faucet in the 90's, and the escutcheon plates that fit around the hot and cold water knobs were no longer available for that faucet after about 2000. Just two years ago I bought 30 of them from a hardware store chain in Minnesota called "Handymans" who ordered them from Kissler who still purchase them from the original manufacturer in Taiwan.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks