New sillcock do I need shut off.

Users who are viewing this thread

jravenger

Reaction score
Redoing some pluming and want to put a new sillcock in, do I need a shut off valve in house for that sillcock? Does it matter with the frost proof sillcocks is that just overkill. Don't have a inside shutoff now but live in cold climate and want to do it right.
Thanks..

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
You don't need a valve, but it would come in handy to make repairs on the frost proof if need be. Also be sure you pitch the frost proof so it will drain when not in use.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it is a "frostproof, you do not NEED a valve, but it is handy. If it is NOT a frostproof, then it MUST have a shutoff, and drain to prevent freezing and water damage.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You also need to remember not to leave a hose connected during freezing weather. That will prevent the sill cock from draining, and it will freeze and break.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks