Replacing old toilet - rough in location?

Users who are viewing this thread

reh577

Reaction score
We'd like to replace an old toilet with a Toto Eco Promenade CST423EF(G). Measurement from the wall to the closest set of bolts is 11", but the bulge in the toilet profile (rough out location??) is further forward. Would the Promenade fit in this space?

Attachments

• P1020926_2.jpg
    P1020926_2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 490

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't know enough about that toilet to tell you which is the set of bolts that actually go on the flange...you'd have to remove it to see. 11" would not be enough for a Promenade, but if the forward ones are the ones attached to the flange, it looks like it may be a 14" rough-in. I think the Promenade is one of those that uses the Unifit adapter, and if so, and it's 14", you'd need to also buy the 14" Unifit adapter otherwise, the toilet would sit out away from the wall (which won't hurt the toilet, but you may not like it!).

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
The rear bolts go to the closet flange. The front bolts are closet screws that are fastened to the floor.

John

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You measure from the wall, not the floor mold. So you may have a little more then 11" if you are measuring low.

The drain is centered between the back set of bolts.

The Promenade needs 11-1/4"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks