Finally bought my first Toto...

Users who are viewing this thread

Sevenfeet

Reaction score
Well, after two years of research and procrastination, my wife and I finally paid for a Toto Eco Drake from a local dealer here in Nashville. They had to order it so it won't come for a few days, but it's due to replace a old Brigss 1.6gpf toilet from about 1991-92. The Briggs toilet is one my kids bathroom that my special needs son flushed toys down three years ago and put out of commission. Yes, it's taken that long for my wife and I to do something about it (after the plumber failed).

This will be the first of replacing all three toilets in the house. We'd like to replace the guest bedroom toilet next (another Brigss). It;s the only toilet on the ground floor and is used frequently by all. I'd like for this one to be a nice piece of furniture. One thing that made my wife blanche with money-panic was seeing what something like a Toto Soiree actually costs, at least from the local dealer. A price approaching $900 made my wife wonder why we were going down this path...never mind the fact that we've spent serious money on kitchen renovations and other stuff for the house over the years. I'll probably get in trouble for this but Im sorely tempted in getting my sister-in-law and her husband in Seattle (architects and proprietors of Maple Leaf Design) to just pick one up from Terry and ship it UPS ground. But we have a little bit of time before we ever consider that.

Our contractor won't get the new toilet installed until early next month, so I'll report back then on how that goes.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A word of caution about shipping an individual toilet. Toilets are not packed be shipped as single units, so breakage is rather high. When they are shipped from the factory to a wholesaler, they are packaged together so breakage is not so much of a problem and as the consumer, you'd never have to deal with it anyway. I'm not saying don't do it, but be aware of the potential of having to deal with UPS if the toilet arrives broken. Remove it from the shipping container and inspect it carefully before signing off on it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most places don't sell it at retail...shop around; the discounts can be significant.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks