(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1920's shower mixer - American Standard Re Nu ? B201 or B202

Default B201 Standard Mixing Valve

Help!!!!

I'm in desperate need of the cold plunger that goes with this valve. I have checked all over metro detroit to no avail. From my understanding, this part has been long out of production. I've been able to find two hot plungers, but, nobody has the cold side. Does anybody know where I can find one? Please email me Rclevel2@me.com
    Last edited by 336flyerfan; 10-19-2012 at 05:36 PM.

been inside several times and always have trouble getting it back together correctly...
    any chance of getting a copy of the diagram?.. Is there a trick as to how you set the plumbers??? Out? In?

also are these valves supposed to be a positive shut off or simply act as a mixing valve?

any input you could give would be greatly appreciated....www.crzyftblhd@yahoo.com

hi...could you please send me a copy of the diagram? Crzyftblhd@yahoo.com

also is there a trick to putting it back together? Should it function as a positive shut off?

Hi "hj",
    I too am looking to repair my ancient "Standard" shower. The pics posted at the start of this thread look identical to my shower. If you would be so kind, please send me a parts diagram to steveetzel@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Ihave this same mixer and need replacement washers. What position should the plungers be in when putting it all back together Thanks, Jack

Ihave this same mixer and need washers for replacement. Also when it goes back how are the plungers to be positioned when the spindles is put back in. Any help Thanks, Jack

Plungers should be pushed in all the way and then turn the handle clockwise. The stem is a double threaded stem so if it doesn't shut off correctly the first time, turn the handle 180 degrees and try again. You can get the washers frome Lowes...you'll need to buy the Danco faucet repair kit. You'll find the washer you need along with a bunch of other stuff you'll never use but it's only $4.

Thanks for the great info. One other thing if you don't mind. The plunger on the right side I can push in but can't get it out to change the washer. Other than prying it out with say a straight claw hammer, any tip?? Thanks, Jack

Quote Originally Posted by dersh16 View Post
    Thanks for the great info. One other thing if you don't mind. The plunger on the right side I can push in but can't get it out to change the washer. Other than prying it out with say a straight claw hammer, any tip?? Thanks, Jack
    Don't pry anything...the plungers aren't available at this point anymore and are made of bronze. I am in the midst of having plungers reproduced from a set of originals to help solve the majority of issues people are experiencing with this valve. Meanwhile, try Blaster from home depot. You could also sparingly try vinegar...just don't leave it on much longer than 10 minutes and flush with water. You're going to need patience regardless.

I got it out with some heat. I put an acetylene torch on it for a bit and it loosened up. I made the washers with what I could put together from a local hardware and it is up and running with no leaks. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions Jack

Default B201 202

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    Your valve is model B201 or B202 with washer joint sleeves or K-100R with ground joint sleeves. With an e-mail address, I could send a parts diagram.
    Could I please get that diagram/parts list?
    jfdogman@aol.com

I am in the process of making one of these Standard Shower Valves operational again - Name:  DSC07230.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  35.7 KB

Fully disassembled - Name:  DSC07299.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  63.9 KB
    Last edited by Friend Dean; 01-02-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added another photo

The Question I have is: There is a Thumb Screw on the Lid, that when removed, allows access to the Little Screw on the Hot Shuttle/Plunger - what does that Little Screw do? Adjustment for travel of Hot Shuttle? Like a Stop Screw?

Name:  DSC07309.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  62.0 KB
    Last edited by Friend Dean; 01-02-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added photo of Hot Shuttle

Thank You - I actually downloaded this yesterday in the process of finding this forum.