(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Driving licenses for immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    I think we should let them go bankrupt and then let the food riots sweep across Europe. With any luck thousands and thousands will die of starvation and then the rotting corpses will breed disease that will kill off the rest of them. I don't believe in giving anyone help. Screw them all, every man for himself. Let's all stop paying taxes altogether and dump this republic in favor of a dictatorship or better yet anarchy. We don't need police or fire protection or schools for our kids and the garbage can pile up in the streets and all those municipal employees at the water & sewer department can let the crap flow freely in the streets. Our highways are in tough shape anyways so let them go too. I hate paying taxes so some guy can lean on a shovel all day on my dime. Let's get rid of all those damn bureaucrats and turn them into the streets penny less to fend for themselves, Hell, there's plenty of jobs around for those willing to work for pennies. So yea, no more taxes, It's mine all mine, mine, mine...........Doooooooh
    And how, Mr. Sawyer, would using taxpayer money help the situation with Greece and Italy? By reimbursing/subsidizing their bondholders? Is that prudent? Or is it by paying for a system which provides for a government paid pension at age 50 and the month of August off? Do we not have a moral obligation to improve the situation and not to just subsidize it and allow the problem to perpetuate?

By putting limits on social benefits we avoid an incentive to remain impoverished and dependant. And by subsidizing and requiring education and job programs we will promote a work ethic, although for some it may be too late on this point.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

By putting limits on social benefits we avoid an incentive to remain impoverished and dependant.
    Poppycock.

What about those people that have no skills?

What about those that are too old to be retrained?

What about those too sick to work?

Besides, finding and securing a job costs money. That is why taxpayers should pay benefits to those out of work.

Are'nt squirreles the last wild animals in England?
    They were until the larger, American gray invaded and wiped out most of our reds.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

And all the colony immigrants wiped out the whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Poppycock.

Besides, finding and securing a job costs money. That is why taxpayers should pay benefits to those out of work.

But we don't have a system based on awarding people who, through no fault of their ow, try and fail. We have an entitlement system, which rewards people regardless of ambition or lack of ambition. Case in point-Section 8 housing, which provides housing assistance based on low income and number of dependants, thereby providing an incentive to remain uneducated, unmarried, unemployed, and pregnant.

And no one here has suggested eliminating assistance to the disabled.

We need to distinguish between the deserving and the undeserving. Or do we just pay for Greece, Italy and others who lack discipline?

Ok so again, the best thing would be to pull all the welfare money off the table, throw the lazy bums out into the streets and let them die quietly behind a dumpster somewhere except that they won't go away that easy. They have no skills, little education and even if they did there are NO FREEKING JOBS for all of them anyway. So what they WILL do is rob. pillage and destroy to get what they need to survive and naturally, we will have to hire more policemen, more jails, more courts, more, more, more of everything and all paid for by the taxpayer at probably 5 times the cost of welfare in the first place. You are saying we have a problem and we do but I don't see ANYONE in either party coming up with a viable solution to ANYTHING. All you can do is point out the bleeding obvious. I hear Hannity railing on about the Wall Street protesters because in his words "they have no platform" and yet this same sycophant has no problem getting behind the idiots in the Tea Party that have no platform and no solutions either. Quit pointing out the damn problem and start coming up with workable solutions. It's easy to say the government needs to spend less but where exactly should the cut's be? How about defense. OH HELL NO we can't do that. Our nation is in constant danger (mostly created by us in the first place) Let's cut the EPA and move forward with the rape and pillage of our natural habitat and the poisoning of our waters. How many remember that it wasn't that long ago that the Erie canal would catch fire occasionally? Let's cut education. Lord knows this next generation isn't dumb enough anyway. Problems, problems, problems and nothing but Captain Obvious to the rescue. You want answers, I'll give you the answer. There is no answer. Through decades of corruption, apathy, greed and stupidity we have finally reached the point where it makes no damn difference what anybody does or tries to do. The boat is going over the falls and all the paddles in the world ain't bringing it back upstream.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Case in point-Section 8 housing, which provides housing assistance based on low income and number of dependants, thereby providing an incentive to remain uneducated, unmarried, unemployed, and pregnant.
    Living it large in Section 8 eh?

Not the last time I looked.

The bottom line is this. Americans want to work. They want the dignity. They do not want to live on handouts.

Most of what is wrong with America today is the false perception by some that the rest are out to screw the system.

Which is nonsense.

Tom makes some great points.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 10-18-2011 at 05:58 PM.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Get Obama and his wife to bring back our clothespin, matches, pencil, and rolling pin machinery from Vietnam and China, and get your section 8 friends to work in the abandoned factories that are sprouting up like mushrooms.

Or round them up in a bus at 9 am and have them clean the streets and parks for 7 hours a day, or back to the street.

Or as in China, underground the wires by digging the ditches by hand. No more energy left for chillin at the 7-11 till midnight.

Give them a 11am and 3 pm crack or crank break. Buy them pants they cant wear on their privates.

Obama hired the head of GE to be his jobs advisor: GE moved about 25,000 appliance jobs overseas in the past 10 years. And raised their prices. Fox in the henhouse

And Ian, here is your chance to get your government dole to Solyndra , about 600 million for 10 cents on the dollar: the auction catalogue:

http://hgpauction.auctionflex.com/sh...enum=1&lang=En
    Last edited by ballvalve; 10-19-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Shoot first, think later.

This is why America needs gun control.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15364027
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 10-19-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/19/us/ohi...ose/index.html
    Oh Jonny one note, go Jonny one note; another performer for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ZlM...eature=related
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Not just one note, but many soft and loud.

Raise taxes on the rich to close the deficit.

I say, make more room in our country Johnny one note.

If you read the article they can't shoot tranquilzers at night, they run and hide. Do you want to be their breakfast when you go outside to get your paper? You could throw stones at them. But, you better be good... you got one chance at taking them out. It is not a good thing to p-off something with bigger teeth than yours, lol.

Shoot first, think later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15364027

We *could* send them to England, right? Could the queen put them up for a night or year?

Have you not heard of SSD? SSI and, unemployment, and even welfare? Their are so many places to be retrained for free or on scale. If anyone is too old to be retrained, where are their families, kids? And, even then, they can receive state benefits.

What do you expect things to be Ian? When, I was younger my mom used to kid me, because I would drive her crazy telling her stuff like, " when I am older I am going to make a place where everyone who is poor, has no place to live, old or kids, stray animals can come live adding, everyone would have a small chore and it would all work." Little did I know, I was describing a commune, lol, but, people do care Ian, no matter what you think, and people try as hard as they can. Sometimes, Ian, families has to help others, their parents, relatives, until, they can stand on their own 2 feet. Or friends, or even, neighbors. Then, comes a time, when you try to do it yourself. The govn, cannot provide ambition, incentives, desire, that comes from within. Look inside yourself, and if you give of yourself, it comes so much easier.

Poppycock.

They were until the larger, American gray invaded and wiped out most of our reds.
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-19-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Now, this is a ahhhh... moment.
    He was just trying to get weighed, and have a carrot or 2.

BUT, could had been a very different outcome if Mama Bear was behind him. She probably would had attacked.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...y+store+video/

Now, compare it to this Mama protecting her baby daughter: would you do this to protect your baby?

Just for the facts, a Mama bear would probably rip your eyes out, and if she, the Mama Bear, had a gun would shoot you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/1...obber-who.html

Now, be honest Ian, how and what would you had done if that was you and your baby girl?

1. Talk to him, talk him out of it. ( I tried this once, long long ago, and will tell you now, it doesn't work) your chances are slim to none.

2. Go after him and grab him while he has your baby girl not knowing what he has on him.

3. Shoot him to have the best chance of saving your baby girl's life.

I will admit, not much options, and a hard decision. But, you went to work, did nothing wrong, and that is your baby girl. What do you do?

Remember, he already made his decision.

Did this woman, this mother do right or wrong?
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-19-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Not just one note, but many soft and loud.

Raise taxes on the rich to close the deficit.
    Actually, I am OK with that, as I am not rich myself, and if I were rich, I'd be willing to pay more too, especially a flat rate tax.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator