(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Driving licenses for immigrants

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

First, it is ridiculous that social security numbers are used for things they are not supposed to be. Credit checks, utilities and now this. We should all refuse to give these numbers except for things they are meant to be given for.
    Secondly, refusing to issue new driving licenses to illegals is dumb. It is dumb because the alternative is for them to drive without a license and without insurance. And then what happens when they hit someone? Jail, yes. But no insurance payout for the injured either. Stupid.

Thirdly, they do renew licenses for illegals that already have one. Except if you can't provide a social, they print something on your DL saying as such and that it is not "valid for Federal purposes". What the heck does that mean? Stupid.
    Thats pretty simple: they cant buy guns and vote. You should be thrilled.

6) Gun control. Farmers are allowed to own shotguns. No-one should be allowed to own a gun.
    You had a run on farmers holding up pubs and shops lately with shot guns? What do they shoot? The only predators left in England are street gangs, skinheads and rabbits, which restrict mayhem to carrots.

I'll bet your gents still walk with the canes with pistols in the head from the good old days. Everyone needs one.

And if you are legally working here, you get a SS number otherwise they cannot collect your taxes.

I think in Ca. the illegals can get normal drivers licences. Then they buy fake SS cards.

In about an hour you can find a wife on-line, maybe a bit elephantine, and get all the cards you need.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 10-16-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Not familiar with rules in other states, but NY state requires each and every motor vehicle to get a safety inspection and be tested on a dynomometer tester for excessive fuel emissions. The fist year of a new car gets a waiver on the emissions test

And you guys think California is strict? You can drive a smoker with the bumper zip tied on and a door missing around here. No tests ever, except at a sale for smog. Some crazy counties might test. You might get a few random safety check roadblocks. Or sobriety.

Basically we have too many cars to set up a test infrastructure, and too many goof balls that would never show up, or could not.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 10-16-2011 at 10:21 AM.

I lived in Michigan a few years back. No inspections whatsoever. You were expected to keep you vehicle in inspectable condition though few actually did. Bars in Indiana closed for an hour at 4:00 AM so they could scrape the puke off the floor. If they pulled you over for drunk driving, they told you to go home.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Too many people on the road period. So, it should only be those who are legally in our country. Those who are not, no license should be given.

Too many drunk drivers, ask any MADD MOM,
    http://www.madd.org/drunk-driving/ so, how wise it is to increase the hours of the bars, just to increase those drunk behind the wheel on the road.

One would think, the state wouldn't need to impose a state inspection but, their are those who won't think if they need new brakes, or tires, etc. Because of those people, the state has to enforce what is the right thing to do.

Before my 89 year old neighbor, stopped driving I drove with him. WOW, that was scary. We did 15 MPH on a 45/55Mph zone. We were nearly, in our own lane and his hands were shaking. (AS well as mine) my heart was racing.

I was sad when he told later, he lost his license, he couldn't drive anymore, but I told him, he should be glad because of all the nuts on the road. He is a wonderful man, kind of like a dad to me all these years. It was sad.
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-16-2011 at 04:29 PM.

At least he can keep his guns.

Not sure if you meant Ian, I doubt that, lol, or the illegals, or my neighbor? My neighbor I nicknamed Jermiah Johnson because he totes his rifle through his yard area looking for the groundhogs. He asks me, " did you see that groundhog lately?"

Of course not.

He sets cages out for them, and I got pictures of them posing next to them. I have a beautiful albino groundhog which I see daily. I love them.

I see nothing. I say nothing.

Better to shoot gophers. I dont think its legal to kill a groundhog.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Best not to shoot anything.

Use traps.

It's more humane.

That means "kind" in American, if you use that word here.

It's what the act of paying taxes is.

And drowning squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post

Use traps.

It's more humane.

And drowning squirrels.
    I did more than a little trapping when I was a youngster and a leghold trap, especially set on dry land, is not more humane than a well placed shot. The frequent result was an animal that froze to death.

Speaking of corpses, Ian, I am still waiting for your views on what should be done with Italy and Greece. Surely you do not believe that more taxes are the answer for this bit of hopeless insolvency.

I think we should let them go bankrupt and then let the food riots sweep across Europe. With any luck thousands and thousands will die of starvation and then the rotting corpses will breed disease that will kill off the rest of them. I don't believe in giving anyone help. Screw them all, every man for himself. Let's all stop paying taxes altogether and dump this republic in favor of a dictatorship or better yet anarchy. We don't need police or fire protection or schools for our kids and the garbage can pile up in the streets and all those municipal employees at the water & sewer department can let the crap flow freely in the streets. Our highways are in tough shape anyways so let them go too. I hate paying taxes so some guy can lean on a shovel all day on my dime. Let's get rid of all those damn bureaucrats and turn them into the streets penny less to fend for themselves, Hell, there's plenty of jobs around for those willing to work for pennies. So yea, no more taxes, It's mine all mine, mine, mine...........Doooooooh
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

We are kind Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post

Use traps.

It's more humane.

And drowning squirrels.

I remember when we first bought our mountain property in the early 80's. The boys were small, 4 and 5 yrs old and since, the cabin wasn't taken care of, it was taken over by snakes. I am not talking nice snakes. I am saying the kind that shakes rattles and rolls. Timber Rattlers. They were everywhere, and nothing we did could make it a safe place to go to, and especially, with little boys. So, my dear sweet husband, and I do mean that Ian, because he was the kindest soul you were to ever meet, but, he had to deal with the snakes. He used a 22. We weren't happy about this, but, it was like you couldn't walk 2 feet without coming across one.

So, this one day, I said, to my husband that their has to be a more humane way to killing them. I felt horrible. He felt horrible. The boys were crying. So, I said, what forever would stay in my husband's mind for 20 years, and he would tease me about.

I said, " what if we set them on fire?"

His head spunned, his eyes were huge, his mouth dropped... and, when he was able to speak he called me by my real name, which he never did... he said, " ANGIE, angie, on fire? Not to mention that would be painful for them, they would set the mountainside on fire!" He added, " where is my wife and what did you do to her?"

I hung my head in shame. It was my day of shame.

I thought... incorrectly, thought it would be more humane. He said, "let me handle this okay? you go make pancakes." WHICH he knew made me mad. lol. I was being dismissed. LOL.

He catches cats and rabbits in his cages. I go let them out. I feed everything in my yard and tell them to stay. The groundhogs are smart, they don't go in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    I think we should let them go bankrupt and then let the food riots sweep across Europe. With any luck thousands and thousands will die of starvation and then the rotting corpses will breed disease that will kill off the rest of them. I don't believe in giving anyone help. Screw them all, every man for himself. Let's all stop paying taxes altogether and dump this republic in favor of a dictatorship or better yet anarchy. We don't need police or fire protection or schools for our kids and the garbage can pile up in the streets and all those municipal employees at the water & sewer department can let the crap flow freely in the streets. Our highways are in tough shape anyways so let them go too. I hate paying taxes so some guy can lean on a shovel all day on my dime. Let's get rid of all those damn bureaucrats and turn them into the streets penny less to fend for themselves, Hell, there's plenty of jobs around for those willing to work for pennies. So yea, no more taxes, It's mine all mine, mine, mine...........Doooooooh
    Ian has a way of bringing out the best in us

he is Ianglish
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Who drowns squirrels and why? Dont like them eating your acorns? Make indian bread?

And drowning squirrels
    Are'nt squirreles the last wild animals in England?