Hole in Galvanized waste pipe :(

Users who are viewing this thread

K9mlxj

Reaction score
I wouldn't try removing nipple from shower drain unless you apply heat to blue flange first. A torch would be needed to get it hot enough to be effective.
2nd option would be to fernco the two galv. nipples.
Pete

Applying heat seems risky also as I'm not sure if that'd melt the blue flange--it's plastic... .

Looks like leaving a stub from the horizontal galvanized pipe out from the shower drain and connecting that to the rest w/ another fernco coupling is probably a safer way... .

Thx so much everyone. This was a bit scray repair for me to tackle at first. All the tips really help. Wouldn't be possible to attempt this one w/o all these imortant tips.

K9mlxj

Reaction score
Finally had someone replace this w/ ABS. This is the photo:

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Used Proflex couplings to connect to CI/galvanized. Did not remove the shower galvanized pipe all the way. Used coupling as well.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks