The World's Ugliest Buildings

Users who are viewing this thread

paulauster2011

Reaction score
Longaberger Home Office, Newark, Ohio is considered as the first World's Ugliest Building.

longaberger_headquarters_basket_building.jpg

The Ugly Truth:
True, the company purveys handcrafted baskets. And founder Dave Longaberger’s dream headquarters was a replica of his favorite basket. But hey, Crate & Barrel employees don’t schedule meetings in a 10-story sofa.

More Picture

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Hey, I think some of Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings would qualify for an ugly building contest. I walked into a customer's home once and asked, "is this an FLW building" and she said, "Yes, how did you know?" I told her, "Because it does NOT have a single square corner in the house."

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, yeah that one HJ. It has or had at least from I know, a real leaking problem, it was nicknamed, the bucket house or something like that. It had a real mold problem, too. I hate mold. It had tons of buckets sitting around. I honestly, didn't think too much of the house. I really did not like it. The waterfall outside is beautiful though. You would love that. How nice it must be to wake up each morning to hearing & seeing that, that was nice. The house itself sucked. I didn't like the low ceilings at all, and didn't like the shape of the rooms either, I saw nothing of beauty in it. Just a whole bunch of concrete and what is so great about that. I like colors, character in woodwork, designs of warmth, something that says, " someone lives here" and you want to stay. I wanted to get out, lol.

DIYMan21

Reaction score
That's a great point about FLW! Architecturally speaking, he's had many unique ideas. But does that make for comfortable living?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks