cell phone charger

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I just got a new phone. I use Tracfone, and got the $19.95 special, so while it is "new" this is an older model. It is a Samsung model SGH-T245G. It did not come with a cable to charge in the vehicle, so I wanted to buy one. Neither Samsung or Tracfone offer any accessories for this model any more. I found on line what I thought was the correct one. It is a generic SAM T209. But the connector to the phone is different. I don't even know what you call these. Both look like a thin version of USB, but the one that actually fits the phone is a wee scocie bit wider and not as thin as what came on the T209 charger.

SO....is there such a thing as an adapter between these gizmos???

By the way...I am out a whole 15 cents for the one I bought, so no biggy there!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
i just came across a samsung ace car charger cord which has a usb end on it. used to be my work phone last year. i think it may be the same thing you need. i may even have the end that the usb goes in to convert it to a lighter outlet. freebie if you want it.

Last edited:

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
looks like this:

Attachments

• samsung-ace-sph-i325-heavy-duty-car-charger-0.jpg
    samsung-ace-sph-i325-heavy-duty-car-charger-0.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 605

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
looks like it will fit, they are both S20 ends, 20 pin connector. pm me if you want it :)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the help. Here are some pics. In the photos, the one on the left is what connects to my phone. The one on the right is the one I bought. It is actually the same as for my old LG phone ( btw I would pay $50 if someone could FIND that phone, just because it is driving me crazy where I might have left it!!!!)

Anyway, I will probably drop in to radio shack and see if they have some kind of adapter or whatever.
Thanks again,

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
That's just the Regular Original Old Samsung connector.

You can get a charger at Wal-Mart, for about 10 $

Have a great day.

DonL

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, I found one at Frye's that fit. The one I got also said 'samsung' on it, so apparently they have used more than one type! Anyway, thanks all for the input!

Brandon124

Reaction score
I was going to mention, jimbo, to look into a universal cellphone charger. There was a moment, awhile ago, when I purchased one at the last minute. My phone died and was left hopeless. I'm content that you found a charger for your phone. I suggest that you should buy another one as a backup.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might try Best Buy. The seem to have quite a variety of chargers. Too bad there isn't a universal connection for phones.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You might try Best Buy. The seem to have quite a variety of chargers. Too bad there isn't a universal connection for phones.

Many of the new ones are USB and you can charge them off a computer.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The problem doesn't seem to be the power source, AC, computer, or auto, it's the connection to the phone itself that varies. Everyone has their own preference for power source. For example, my preference is AC for most of the time with another one in the car for traveling. I do have a USB adapter, but it just doesn't fit with my routine. I'm not implying that I'm right and anyone with a different routine is wrong.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The problem doesn't seem to be the power source, AC, computer, or auto, it's the connection to the phone itself that varies. Everyone has their own preference for power source. For example, my preference is AC for most of the time with another one in the car for traveling. I do have a USB adapter, but it just doesn't fit with my routine. I'm not implying that I'm right and anyone with a different routine is wrong.

Whew Gary, you had us worried for a while that you were. Just kidding!;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks