Country comparisons

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you saying, that we should let them live in poverty or squalor? And, China, are you saying that they do not have the capabilities to clean up their own pollution?

Let them? Who are you, Team America World Police? LOL. China and other countries are fully capable of lowering their emissions but they don't do it including the US! Bush backed out of the Kyoto agreement that would have required many mandatory restrictions on emissions, this set you guys behind many nations that have continued to honor it.

Cookie

Reaction score
World police, yeah, anti american... we are damn if we do and damned if we don't.

I said, what I said in response to Ian's post:

Secondly, China's and India's emissions are rising because the goods you buy are made there (no longer in America) and their standard of living is increasing. Plus those are big countries, with many times the population of America.

Damned if we do, and damned if we don't. Should we care, or should't we care. LOL...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
People who will be alive in 2050 should care.

The more severe estimates for global warming are a 30 feet rise in sea level and half the planet being uninhabitable.

Not to mention worse weather. And America gets bad weather in a good year.

So, should you care for yourself? Probably not.

But you should definitely care for your kids.

I do.

Unless we make the changes now, America will be unviable. It's too big and depends on the things climate change impacts will cause us to alter most severely, like road transport and coal-powered energy generation.

It needs to adapt and we need Government regulation and taxes to steer that change.

We need to end this sense of entitlement to pollute. You do not have the right to drive a V8 without paying an environmental tax. You do not have the right to use energy made from fossil fuel without paying for the environmental damage burning that fuel causes.

If you can't afford it, don't use it and quit moaning.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
We could always reduce our population, thus reducing what we emit. What do you think Ian?

Is that a plan?

How odd you are complaining about the same ole' same ole' song & dance, taxes, when, all our systems in the USA are being bogged down by those who are here illegally. Yet, you think, that is okay...

It is the law.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I admire what the govn has done for all their other countries, they are all doing so very well. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks