1) Ever hear of issues with KITEC pipe just failing and not because of the dezincification issue? Or, is that what I have but without any build-up inside the pipes? All the JKITEC threads on this site..wow, and I could not find but one post abut a KITEC pipe failing as a result of something other than dezincification.
2) If I find the money to repipe do I need to do the in-floor pipes? There are no joints/fittings in the floor as it was all continuous runs to & from the manifolds in the wall. The $11,750 did not include the in-floor pipe, I do not believe, nor do I know if it included R&R of sheetrock, repaint, etc.
3) Should I repipe everything, including cold water lines, or just deal with the two hot water lines?
4) The attorney I talked to locally says I now have to disclose when & if I ever sell this house that I have KITEC and that there is a class action lawsuit. Anyone have any experience with this kind of disclosure, or the need to do so? I wonder how it affects the value of the house having KITEC..a lot, I bet.
5) Any responsibility on the part of the original plumber and the supply house? The supply house folks are really nice, but the plumber? Left a lot to be desired.....And, perhaps the supply house is being nice to avoid being sued....who knows?