Greensand System Installed... Low Pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would agree with Gary. The dealer quoted you the flow rate through the valve alone. The max flow through the 1.5 greensand will be 7gpm. Just a bad application for any modern home. That unit requires 10gpm backwash flow rate. Yes I meant the output of the well.
RJ
Everwhere I've looked shows 5 GPM backwash flow rate for a 1.5 cfr greensand. Where do you find info that says 10 GPM? Just for my knowledge.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Look up the spec sheet on greensand per cuft and I'm pretty sure you'll see higher th n5 gpm for a 1.5cuft greensand filter.

Also, there are two of us, maybe three, that says more is needed if the filter is going to operate as it should over time, than the 5 gpm the seller is calling for. That's based on actual experience troubling shooting the stuff over many years. Personally I wouldn't sell greensand (Pyrolox too) filters and didn't since like 1992 or so.

Plus the fact that the constant SFR of the 1.5cuft filter seems to be too low for the household's peak demand flow rate.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree that a 1.5 cf greensand needs more backwash flow rate, but when a unit is ordered, it will come with a 5 GPM DLFC. So are we to second guess the factory and replace it with a larger one? If so, what size? Would it void the warranty because of an unauthorized change?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks